Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Tokarev Battery Problem

Heya guys,

Just got a Polish Tok. today, and it seems to have an intermittent problem. When a round is fired, it would eject the spent case, but sometimes the next round would "appear" to go fully into battery, but the back end of the slide didnt meet up with the frame. There was about 1/8"-1/4" of the back of the slide not matching up. The trigger couldn't be pulled when this happened, nor would the hammer move to strike when trigger pulled.

I'd have to manually work the slide to eject the live round, and allow the next round to go into battery.

What gives?

EDIT: One other thing, every time this happened, it seemed like the mag dropped a little bit. Not out, just fell out a smidge. It was still caught by the mag catch.
    Last edited by FireGS; March 19th, 2009 at 09:39 PM.
    Join the CHAT! Http://www.pa-zrt.com

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Tokarev Battery Problem

If gun was well lubed? I would guess at having a mag spring that is new. leave the mag full loaded until you next shoot it. I'm thinking the top round is putting pressure on the slide and slowing it down. If that is the case, you should be able to push it into battery with your thumb to get the last 1/4 inch. After some more shooting it should free up and start to work fine.

(Lehigh County)

I can say I tried to push it into battery, and it would not budge. I will try whatcha said though. Anyone have any other possible ideas?
    Join the CHAT! Http://www.pa-zrt.com

Try single loading the rounds that did not work. Put one in the mag and see if it will go to battery. If the round has a thick neck or shoulder, that could stop the full engagement.

Here's something that stopped my old Hi Power, and could stop your TT-33: Unload your pistol, remove the slide & barrel assembly. Remove the barrel and inspect the locking rings around the barrel (particularly near the top) and where they mate in the slide for foreign debris.

In my case it was a chunk of primer. Absolutely would -not- go into battery until I cleaned the gun.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html