Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Exclamation OMG! SHE'S GOT A GUN! EVERYBODY RUN AND HIDE!!!!!!

OK. Now that I have everyone's attention :

After 4 weeks of impatient waiting, Mrs. 38SnubFan's application for License To Carry Firearms has been approved.

However, she forgot to hand them her Driver's License Update card when she applied that shows her CURRENT address (which was the address also on the LTCF application), so the Deputy couldn't release the card until proof of address matching that of the LTCF could be provided.

So, I had the fun of calling her (while standing in front of the Deputy who was trying his damnedest to keep from busting out laughing) and advising her that her LTCF was "temporarily denied". She flipped out, yelling "WTF? WHY? I'VE WAITED FOUR WEEKS AND I'M BEING DENIED????" I said, "Your address on your Driver's License doesn't match the address on your LTCF, so your being denied temporarily until you can provide correct Proof Of Address." At that point, neither the Deputy nor myself could contain our laughter any longer, and I told my wife I'd be right up to her work to pick up her DL Update card and bring it back down to the Sheriff's Office and finish this up.

So, after retrieving her card and showing it to the Deputy, he handed me her bright, shiny, new LTCF.

I dropped it off to her at her work on the way to get myself some lunch. Her plans after work are to head to Gander Mountain and pick up a IWB holster for it. (She says my Bianchi Black Widow for it makes it ride too high and practically puts the grip into her armpit ).

I don't think she'll be a member of the OC Mafia outside of any PAFOA functions she may attend with me; but then again, she might as she becomes more comfortable with carrying.

So, yet we welcome another member to "The Club". I'm trying to get her to register here and become part of our discussions, but I don't think Internet discussion forums are necessarily her kind of thing.

I'm just happy the process is completed and I can worry slightly less about her safety while she's out and about with the kids. She's pretty excited too. She said she'll be starting to carry as soon as she gets off work this evening.

Cheers!

-38SnubFan

(Monroe County)

Default Re: OMG! SHE'S GOT A GUN! EVERYBODY RUN AND HIDE!!!!!!

how were you able to pick it up for her? didn't she have to sign at time of recipt?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    how were you able to pick it up for her? didn't she have to sign at time of recipt?
    yeah, I am suprised.
    I know a sheriffs deputy here in PGH who was not permitted to pick up the license of a friend of his that was hospitalized.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    yeah, I am suprised.
    I know a sheriffs deputy here in PGH who was not permitted to pick up the license of a friend of his that was hospitalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Actually, they have you sign the signature capture device when you apply here in Dauphin County. When I was with her when she applied, the Deputy said it was OK if I came down to pick it up when it was approved, as her work hours make it almost impossible to get down there when they're open.

I thought being able to pick it up for her was a little strange too, but if it makes getting it in her hands a little easier, I'm not going to argue it.

My agency occasionally assists Dauphin County Sheriff's Office with locating their fugitives, so that may have been a factor as well (but I doubt it, since I've never seen the guys in the LTCF room before).

-38SnubFan

OK so can we come out of hiding now?

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    OK. Now that I have everyone's attention :
    Yea, you sucked me in, I thought this was a Shefearsnothing update ! ( Sorry Mel, I couldn't resist. )

Seriously though, chalk up another one for the " I refuse to be a victim " crowd.

Tell her congratulations, and if she joins the forum she has rep coming !
    Will I really care if LE later catch the guy who killed me ?

(Luzerne County)

Congrats to the Mrs...

"Armed and dangerous"

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    Actually, they have you sign the signature capture device when you apply here in Dauphin County. When I was with her when she applied, the Deputy said it was OK if I came down to pick it up when it was approved, as her work hours make it almost impossible to get down there when they're open.

I thought being able to pick it up for her was a little strange too, but if it makes getting it in her hands a little easier, I'm not going to argue it.

My agency occasionally assists Dauphin County Sheriff's Office with locating their fugitives, so that may have been a factor as well (but I doubt it, since I've never seen the guys in the LTCF room before).

-38SnubFan
    I personally have always felt it was silly that they did not mail it to the individual at the address provided. What is the difference? Perhaps because it is a form of identification. My Voter Registration card is also and they mailed that to me.

Be safe (and just mail the thing).

Scott

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    OK so can we come out of hiding now?
    Just give her the chocolate, and nobody gets hurt!

ETA: I just got a call from her a little while ago. She was at Gander Mountain looking for a IWB holster and already she's looking at starting an EBR collection of her own. So far she wants a 5.56mm (I forget what make/model, but it's priced at $2700), a FN PS90 ($2200), a S&W MP-15 (only $1300....geez!), and a Benelli Nova 12-ga. (I can deal with $400). I asked her if she actually looked at any pistols, to which she replied, "I saw a Glock 30 .45ACP, but it's too small for my taste." My oldest son made me laugh out loud while she was on the phone. He pointed out the Taurus PT111 with the PINK FRAME that I pointed out to her prior. No....she won't be buying it. (Her statement, not mine: "I am a woman, BUT I AM NOT A LESBIAN!". It got the guys behind the counter laughing pretty hard.)

She then told me she was feeling a little "out of place" browsing firearms with a 7-year-old, an almost-3-year-old, and a 3-month-old in tow. I told her, "There one of my main reasons for gun shopping!"

-38SnubFan
    Last edited by 38SnubFan; March 19th, 2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: ETA

(Dauphin County)

Ok as requested I am now a member in here. Thank you for the congrats. Hope to get to know every1 andhope to talk to you soon.
    -Mrs.SnubFan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast