Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Talking How to make $ for JPFO without giving $ or doing much

Hello everyone,

When I started at my new office about 6 months ago the lil adorable environmentalist hippy girl who traded offices with me had her homepage set to goodsearch.com - I left it that way, because I'm lazy.

goodsearch.com is a website that uses the yahoo search feature (it was featured on CBS & is legitimate) that allows you to pick a charity of your choice and then every time you enter a valid search it generates a .01 cent donation (sometimes more) from its sponsors to the charity you've entered.

If you set your homepage to goodsearch.com the JPFO has recently arrived on the list - so thats just a simple way of barely doing anything at all and helping Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership get donations, .01 cent may not sound like much - but think about how many billions of people are on the internet each searching for dozens of things a day and you'll realize that spreading the word about this is worth it.

Searching through it for a specific website is not valid such as entering the search term "google" and then going to google.com, that would not generate a donation.

I'm hoping to get Students for Concealed Carry on Campus on there, but first the national coordinators need to work on getting it listed as a non-profit. It's easier to register as a for profit organization so that is how they are registered now. BTW stop by and visit my forum for the SCCC on Community College of Allegheny County's Allegheny Campus at http://communitysccc.proboards.com - I'm going to college on the North Side, I work directly across the street from the student services building, and right next to West Hall, I can carry concealed to work, but if I take a walk 5 ft. in any direction I could be kicked out of school and have a permanent mark on my academic profile. No other school would ever accept me. Leaving it in my car is not an option, that's still on campus and carries the same restrictions - and is, I believe, terribly irresponsible. Any help and/or suggestions, support, or even just a breif "Hello there!" on the forum are greatly appreciated!

Thanx!

- Christa (lil sis O' ShawnL)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: How to make $ for JPFO without giving $ or doing much

Oh BTW just enter "firearms" in the text field under [Who do you search for?] and the JPFO is at the top of the very short list. I should've mentioned that before.

- Xsta

I will mention it to folks who aren't using solely google - I use the google search terms so exclusively now that it's hard to compare otherwise.

Wonder what they classify as a "valid search"

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: How to make $ for JPFO without giving $ or doing much

valid search just means it's not searching for a specific website (which isnt fair because I never remember how to spell the web address for i can haz cheeseburgher) or a picture - that's what I could make out from their TOS

(Montgomery County)

I much prefer the JPFO than many other guns rights groups... and I'm not Jewish

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: How to make $ for JPFO without giving $ or doing much

well I am Jewish and my experience with Jewish organizations is that they persistently give money and hands on help to all the right places, worthy causes, and wise investments. I don't know much more about the JPFO than anecdotal stories about them comparing every infringement of gun rights to the gestapo or nazis... that hardly mirrors their philosophy. Their website is awesome, and I clearly like what they stand for - so it's nice that there's a simple way of making money for them. As a college student I haven't been able to afford a membership, and I'm sure they would be a more powerful force if they had more funding so if even 10 people are convinced to set their home page to goodsearch.com and search on behalf of the JPFO then I'll have done a good deed.

Even if not for the JPFO - every time you search it generates a .01 cent donation and you don't have to get spam, or install anything, it's just a yahoo search through a page with ads on it - and yahoo has ads anyway. I know a lot of people exclusively use google, personally I prefer Kartoo.com because of the graphic representation and how it displays the text of the home page on the side when you roll over a link, and that everything opens in a new window, but there's no real difference between a google search and a yahoo search yet yahoo almost went out of business mostly because of google earth and the satellite pics they get, and now street view of course... but I digress, if you're searching the internet for something like "remington wingmaster accessories" there's no reason that shouldn't make a penny for an organization actively fighting for our gun rights, or for the National Aviary, or your local elementary school for that matter. It's a great site, props to those responsible for it.

Sorry; I'm in essay-writing mode. I just paused to check this forum from writing an essay about "Death of a Salesman from a Marxist Literary Perspective" with which, as an extra having nothing to do with my grade, I've written a "Libertarian Literary Perspective: A Method of Comparing and Contrasting the Marxist Pers...." you get the idea. My history teacher said that the more official your book gets, the longer of a title it must have. Wish me an "A+"!

- Christa

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation make $ for JPFO (or any nonprofit) without giving $ or doing much

If you look at goodsearch.com today and happen to be searching to benefit the JPFO and click the button "amount raised" you'd see that in January, before I posted about this, there were 54 searches which raised .54 cents for the JPFO.

In February, the month that I originally posted this and changed my own searching to be on their behalf (only on my work computer) there were 102 - nearly double!

This month (so far) there have been 197 searches, this year they've earned $6.50 to date - last year they grossed $34.69 from goodsearch donations, I hope we beat it this year!

The ads are unobtrusive (plus other search engines have ads too, they just keep their profit) the search results are the same you'll get anywhere else - goodsearch.com is absolutely the best way to raise money for any non-profit organization without really doing ANYTHING (it's a combination of activism and laziness w00t!) so if you are/know a non-profit get them registered on Goodsearch and then tell as many people as you can! For now the best gun related organization registered with them is the JPFO or Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership - and I think we can make them $50 this year.... if we try.

Think of how many times you open the internet just to search for a key phrase to find a video you've seen before and want to watch again or show a friend, or for the dictionary or thesaurus, or are just bored and decide to find out what happens when you search for a random combination of words or look for something like a binary code translator, and all the other uses you put search engines to... finding out about a movie you might want to see/rent, looking up celebrity blogs, looking for accessories for that shiny pink pistol - all of these things can earn a cent towards our civil liberties. Just search for them through goodsearch.com for the charity of your choice or mine... the JPFO

Those pennies add up! in this case...they add up to freedom

Please visit my Community College forum for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus