Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Confrontation/Road Rage

My buddy just called me and told me about a road rage incident yesterday that happened to him on his way home from work.

He was traveling up 79, driving like Ms. Daisy, a good thing. As he approaches a big rig, he checks his mirrors, signals and changes lanes. A person driving a small truck, S-10/Ranger, is immediately on his bumper. He states he was shocked because there was no traffic near him when he changed lanes. He does state this truck was at least 1/4 mile behind him when he changed lanes. I presume this truck was excessively exceeding the speed limit. So my bud speeds up, passes the truck and gets over so this moron can speed along. This guy slows down and continues to tailgate my buddy. He continues tooling along not paying to much attention untill he gets off at his Exit. This guy pulls along side him on the off ramp and is giving my friend, what he believes to be a verbal lashing for whatever. He can't hear the guy....LOL So when they come to a stop at the end of the off ramp, this road rager jumps out of his truck, approaches my bud's vehicle and actually is able to open the door of my buds vehicle. Up comes my Bud's .45acp and some nice calm words of affection, to include a request that the RR get back in his truck and go away.

This action neutralizes the situation and every one goes home.

I have advised my bud to make a police report because this clown could have, at some point, got his tag # etc...as my friend was not able too get RR because he never saw the tag. I mentioned that this guy could make a false claim against him and he would end up getting jammed up for it.

Any positive information or advice as to why he should file a report would be appreciated.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Confrontation/Road Rage

I don't have an answer, but I'm very curious about this as well. This type of thing could happen to anyone, and almost happened to me once.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

I don't know that immediately pulling up the gun may have been the "right" (legal) thing to do but otherwise - that's probably how Id handle it too. Id rather be tried by....

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    My buddy just called me and told me about a road rage incident yesterday that happened to him on his way home from work.
    If it's serious enough to pull a gun, it's serious enough to make a call.

It has been stated many times that it is often a race to the phone; the first caller is the "victim" and the second or non-caller is the perp.

Since this happened YESTERDAY I'm not sure what advice to give. Poses an interesting question: Is it to late now? Because IMHO the call should have been made yesterday. Did the RR guy call 911? Are the police looking for your buddy? Would it just open a can of worms now? Obviously, your buddy didn't think it was important at the time to report the RR idiot or he would have already called.

Based on the limited information, I'd be tempted to let it slide. But that has down side too.

Good luck.
    Kind Regards,
    ChuckS

“The will to win is important. But the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I don't know that immediately pulling up the gun may have been the "right" (legal) thing to do but otherwise - that's probably how Id handle it too. Id rather be tried by....
    If someone is actually opening the door of my vehicle without my consent...I'd say that person is not intending good things for me.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I would agree, up until the part where the guy road raging opened up the door of his friends car. This could have been a car-jacking or potential assault, we simply don't know.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    I would agree, up until the part where the guy road raging opened up the door of his friends car. This could have been a car-jacking or potential assault, we simply don't know.

camper
    Exactly which is why I threw the "legal" part in, I'd rather be alive and in court than who knows what else.

(Allegheny County)

one lesson from this...

keep your car doors locked even when you are inside.
    F*S=k

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    one lesson from this...

+1 - that's how I roll.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    one lesson from this...

Naw. Makes it harder to jump out of my car and yell at...oops. Never mind.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast