Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default ANGELINA JOLIE AD ORDERED OFF UK T.V BECAUSE GUN PROMO..

More bs from overseas..

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...7600&GT1=28101

LONDON (AP) -- A TV ad showing actress Angelina Jolie firing weapons must not be shown because it could be seen as condoning gun violence, Britain's advertising watchdog said Wednesday.

The Advertising Standards Authority said the ad for the DVD version of Universal Pictures' 2008 action flick "Wanted" breached ad codes and should not be broadcast.

The film follows the initiation of an office drudge Wesley Gibson (played by James McAvoy) into a mythical group of super-powered assassins. The ad for the DVD release shows McAvoy and co-star Jolie wielding pistols, a shotgun, and generally spraying scene after scene with bullets.

The authority said the ad — which juxtaposes images of gun violence with Jolie showing off her bare back — "could be seen to condone violence by glorifying or glamorizing the use of guns."

It was unclear what practical effect, if any, the ruling would have. The "Wanted" DVD was released in Britain nearly six months ago.

The advertising authority has no power to enforce its writ, but it can refer advertisers to Britain's Office of Fair Trading for legal action.

Universal did not immediately return an e-mail Wednesday seeking reaction to the authority's ruling.

The ruling underlined Britain's sensitivity to gun crime.

There were 59 firearm-related homicides in England and Wales in 2006-2007, compared to the more than 10,000 gun-related killings reported by the FBI in the United States in 2007.

But public concern was heightened in Britain after the shooting death of an 11-year-old boy in 2007. The murder drew national attention and prompted much soul-searching over whether the country's already strict gun control laws were tough enough
    Last edited by glockman22; March 18th, 2009 at 11:56 PM.

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: ANGELINA JOLIE ORDERED OFF UK T.V BECAUSE GUN PROMO..

Makes me glad that our forefathers had the courage to break away so we didn't have to deal with this b.s. This is just as bad as censoring that communist countries have!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ADerhammer View Post
    Makes me glad that our forefathers had the courage to break away so we didn't have to deal with this b.s. This is just as bad as censoring that communist countries have!
    Yea but its comming here faster then we think....you see they just had to mention the U.S. at the bottom...

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman22 View Post
    Yea but its comming here faster then we think....you see they just had to mention the U.S. at the bottom...
    What they fail to mention is the rocketing crime rate of non firearm related violent crime and the fact that England is roughly the size of Louisiana.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: ANGELINA JOLIE AD ORDERED OFF UK T.V BECAUSE GUN PROMO..

as of January of this year, there averages a staggering 28 firearms related crimes per day in the U.K. that may not seem like much, but remember, NO ONE is supposed to have any guns... the .Gov.UK took them all away.

now, I'm pretty good with numbers, but I don't have the patience to figure out the ratio for number of U.S. guns divided into gun related crimes to U.K. guns divided into gun related crimes.... especially since you can't divide by zero, which is the number of guns the UK is supposed to have.

so its something like (whatever rational number... let's say 200)/200,000,000 : 28/0. see? You can't do the math. so let's just say that the .Gov.UK missed just one gun... entirely possible... you get a ratio of 0.000001 to 0.035714.

but it's more likely that say... 10,000 firearms are still in circulation in the UK.

that's still a ratio of 0.000001 to 0.0028. 28,000% more gun crimes per gun in the U.K.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    as of January of this year, there averages a staggering 28 firearms related crimes per day in the U.K. that may not seem like much, but remember, NO ONE is supposed to have any guns... the .Gov.UK took them all away.

now, I'm pretty good with numbers, but I don't have the patience to figure out the ratio for number of U.S. guns divided into gun related crimes to U.K. guns divided into gun related crimes.... especially since you can't divide by zero, which is the number of guns the UK is supposed to have.

so its something like (whatever rational number... let's say 200)/200,000,000 : 28/0. see? You can't do the math. so let's just say that the .Gov.UK missed just one gun... entirely possible... you get a ratio of 0.000001 to 0.035714.

but it's more likely that say... 10,000 firearms are still in circulation in the UK.

that's still a ratio of 0.000001 to 0.0028. 28,000% more gun crimes per gun in the U.K.

Damn you got me dizzy...

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post

My head is still spinning. all that needs to be said is their nuts over there and i'm glad we are in the U.S.
    Now if Hussain the Messiah gets his way we will be just like them.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    My head is still spinning. all that needs to be said is their nuts over there and i'm glad we are in the U.S.
    Now if Hussain the Messiah gets his way we will be just like them.
    I look at it like this..as powerful the government is. they still can only get away with what we the people let them get away with....there are how many people in congress? now compare that to a little over 300 million americans...we let them do the shit they do..

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman22 View Post
    I look at it like this..as powerful the government is. they still can only get away with what we the people let them get away with....there are how many people in congress? now compare that to a little over 300 million americans...we let them do the shit they do..
    Totally agree; we have given them to much rope now its time to rein them in and show them we are not going to allow it anymore.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    Totally agree; we have given them to much rope now its time to rein them in and show them we are not going to allow it anymore.
    very true...we need to be heard in a very big way....an a million gun owner march against crime to d.c.(and the crime is government trying to slave us) is the only thing i see creating a big enouph impact for those bastards to take serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast