Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: new LTCF

(Montgomery County)

Default new LTCF

I got my LTCF today.
    Walked in, Lady asked "How can I help you?. I said "I'd like to apply for a License to Carry Firearm". She said "No, you mean a Concealed Carry application". I did not argue the point.
    She handed me a very poor copy of the SP 4-127. This thing looked like a copy of a copy, of a copy, of a copy. (not really a complaint, just saying, you know how it gets dots all over it after being copied to many times.)

Filled it out, gave my ID and money and waited. "Opps, we need something in the employment field". "Don't you work?" "No". "Put unemployed in the box""
    While waiting about 5 others came in for the LTCF. Including a husband and wife that had to be in their 70's. (renewal)
    PICS passes.
    Go down the hall to get photo. Was told I had to stand against the wall because they bring prisoners through here.
    (Thinking to myself, isn't that usually what they have the prisoners do? )

I sit on the chair to get the photo. Boy, it reminded me of Mechanical Drawing class in the late 70's. She tells me to look at the white light. They have 2 light panels. One on the floor about 6 feet away, and one about 7 feet off the ground. Common sense from getting passport photos told me to look about 6 inches above the camera. Position turned out perfect. Just the same as the passport. Photo itself is a little washed out from too much light.

While it was being made, I was given a "Relinquish card", telling me my responsibility to relinquish the license if I am "charged, convicted, or knowingly become ineligible".

I was then told, "Its the law that you must carry concealed". "Any place you enter that has no guns sign, or a picture of it, you will not enter or you will be arrested and lose your license".

I was offered a book "Pennsylvania Laws Relating to Firearms". Damn thing is about a quarter inch thick.

Now the SP 4-129 card. The front does not have the SS on it. The back has a magnetic bar swipe and Property of... and Return to ....

From the car and back, times was about 45 minutes.

Default Re: new LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    I got my LTCF today.
    Walked in, Lady asked "How can I help you?. I said "I'd like to apply for a License to Carry Firearm". She said "No, you mean a Concealed Carry application". I did not argue the point.
    She handed me a very poor copy of the SP 4-127. This thing looked like a copy of a copy, of a copy, of a copy. (not really a complaint, just saying, you know how it gets dots all over it after being copied to many times.)

Filled it out, gave my ID and money and waited. "Opps, we need something in the employment field". "Don't you work?" "No". "Put unemployed in the box""
    While waiting about 5 others came in for the LTCF. Including a husband and wife that had to be in their 70's. (renewal)
    PICS passes.
    Go down the hall to get photo. Was told I had to stand against the wall because they bring prisoners through here.
    (Thinking to myself, isn't that usually what they have the prisoners do? )

I sit on the chair to get the photo. Boy, it reminded me of Mechanical Drawing class in the late 70's. She tells me to look at the white light. They have 2 light panels. One on the floor about 6 feet away, and one about 7 feet off the ground. Common sense from getting passport photos told me to look about 6 inches above the camera. Position turned out perfect. Just the same as the passport. Photo itself is a little washed out from too much light.

While it was being made, I was given a "Relinquish card", telling me my responsibility to relinquish the license if I am "charged, convicted, or knowingly become ineligible".

I was then told, "Its the law that you must carry concealed". "Any place you enter that has no guns sign, or a picture of it, you will not enter or you will be arrested and lose your license".

I was offered a book "Pennsylvania Laws Relating to Firearms". Damn thing is about a quarter inch thick.

Now the SP 4-129 card. The front does not have the SS on it. The back has a magnetic bar swipe and Property of... and Return to ....

From the car and back, times was about 45 minutes.
    Well, at least it was easy, hassle-free and fast, although they need some educating on some things there

(Bucks County)

Default Re: new LTCF

Just got mine recently from the courthouse and was told the same things. She told me that I could not open carry or I would be arrestted and lose my license and possibly go to jail. I didn't feel the need to argue with her. Instead I went and found a Deputy and asked him and he gave me the lawful answers, which I was suprised about. While I talked to him, he said that they say those things to discourage people from open carrying because it is seen as a nuisance. sp?