Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default AIG Chairman speaking in front of Congress

Liddy is on the hotseat... he started out nicely

"I came out of retirement for my country and because of gov't request"

Wow, this is getting even better, now congress is pissed because the FED knows all about this but noone told them... its like a fucking soap opera
    Last edited by Dredly; March 18th, 2009 at 01:46 PM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: AIG Chairman speaking in front of Congress

Isn't he working for something like $1/year?

This is fucking nuts. I feel like I am living in a Kafka novel. Maybe The Trial or something.

The fuckers who are asking the questions should be the ones in the fucking hot seat. Damn it I think I need to unplug for a few days. I am going to end up with a stroke.

(Bucks County)

Up is down and down is up. Back to the rabbit hole.

I almost wish the lights would just go out one of these days.

If I suck at my job should I ask for a 1 Million dollar bonus? Or a cardboard box?
    ΑΣΦ

(Monroe County)

wow the dipshit talking now just clarified that Bush made this issue.

This is just amazing... "why didn't they give the money to teachers".

the people that got the money were given a job, they were told Complete this work and you will be paid for your services... these contracts were made long before the the bailout... and now we are outraged about the money?

this after the fucking dems just passed 800 BILLION in free money to the people that they like?

fuck congress

Wow there are some serious asshats in Congress. Just some fucking talking heads
    Last edited by Dredly; March 18th, 2009 at 03:01 PM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam M Geer View Post
    If I suck at my job should I ask for a 1 Million dollar bonus? Or a cardboard box?
    You are falling into the class envy trap. Not all of the people who got bonuses got million dollar bonuses, few who got the bonuses were actually the ones in charge of the direction of the company, and some of the AIG divisions are actually profitable. How do you know those who got the bonus sucked? How do you know they did not meet their contractual obligations and actually deserve the money owed them based on said contract?

I just heard audio of the AIG CEO reciting some of the threats against AIG executives and their CHILDREN as part of his request to have congress retract the request for the list of names of those who have recieved a bonus. Should those names be provided they become public record at this point. Barney Fife said the request was still on the table. WTF?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Wow, this is getting even better, now congress is pissed because the FED knows all about this but noone told them... its like a fucking soap opera
    And this is exactly why we should all write our legislators and ask them to support Ron Paul's bill, HR 1207, the "Federal Reserve Transparency Act", which would give Congress the authority to audit the Federal Reserve.

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues...serve-hr-1207/
    http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/5...rency-act.html
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Somerset County)

The government worries about taxing our guns but cant fix a problem like AIG? They will keep giving and giving but taking and taking from the hard working American. When is it ever going to end? I am almost sick of watching the news.

(Cumberland County)

The problem is not AIG or the employees that got the bonus. If any of us could negotiate those terms with our employer we would - and we would expect them to honor those terms. The blame is with the clowns in D.C. Heck, Chris Dodd inserted language in that disasaterous pork bill that protected the bonuses. This is what happens when a bunch of amateurs gain power and pass bills that no one has read. If you start handing out cash like candy with no strings you really can't complain about how it's spent. This is a sham by the administration, they knew about this all along and they are just trying to play the public now that we know about it. I blame no man for making as much money as he legally can. It is a dangerous path we are going down if we allow our elected officials to single out private citizens by limiting their compensation...Forget about the bonuses and place the blame where it belongs....it is not possible for a goverment to spend us into prosperity.
    Yippie-Ky-Ay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast