Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: EAA Zastava EZ-9

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    It is a Sig clone. Well a clone as much as the PT92 is a Beretta M92 clone.
    I didn't know that. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.

I have a dealer two miles from me that cannot keep these pistols in stock. I actually like them, but it looks and feels like my Astra A-80 so much, I did not feel the need. Sigs are firearms I am not up to speed on.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: EAA Zastava EZ-9

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I didn't know that. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.

I have a dealer two miles from me that cannot keep these pistols in stock. I actually like them, but it looks and feels like my Astra A-80 so much, I did not feel the need. Sigs are firearms I am not up to speed on.
    I had one (Charles Daly ZDA), and although 'SIG like', it had quite a few differences from the P226. Its combo decocker and slide release is ambi, loaded chamber indicator, a pin that stuck out of the grip when 3 rounds were left, chromed bore and barrel, and solid slide like newer SIGs. The grip/feel was very different from the P226 as well. Reliability was very good, w/o any malfunctions during its short stay.

Unfortunately after a short while, pulling the trigger fully in SA would not drop the hammer, and even after a trip back to CD it continued to do the same. I was fortunate that the seller allowed it to be returned. Just speaking from my experience, but dealings I have had with EAA could have been better, especially concerning their CS that bordered on very rude, unconcerned, and indifferent. BTW, EAA requires that you pay shipping both ways for repairs, so that is something to consider.

I wish I could have given a glowing review, as I love my custom Zastava Mauser rifle I have, plus the general workmanship was very good for a $299 pistol. Here it was before it left me:

Good luck!
    Last edited by Guns N'at; March 11th, 2011 at 02:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12