Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default JGsales.com and shipping

I have always had decent to ggod dealing with J&G in the past. I bought my K31 off them and was very pleased, and plenty of ammo.

well, I saw on their site they have some .223 brass cased 55 grain ammo listed at a decent price. You may want to buy some, I dunno
    http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/1803

I put it in my cart and went to checkout. Thats when I noticed $33.somecents for shipping. WTF, I thought, I looked and it had 1000 rounds of 55 grain .223 packed loose in a carboard box as weighing in at 40lbs.

no way, I thought.

so, I grabbed an ammo can with 500 rounds of 55 grain 223 in it and tossed it on the scale. Can and all it weighs in a barely 16lbs.

I called J&G and told them about it.
    the guy says "yeah, so?"

well, I am not orderering it anymore. They could have charged more for the ammo if they wanted, or been up front about shipping. But inflating weights is dishonest, and the response I got sucked.
    Last edited by Shawn.L; March 16th, 2009 at 05:55 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: JGsales.com and shipping

1000 rounds 55 grain M193, packed in 200 round battle packs from Wideners shipping is $14.95, half as much.

the ammo is a couple bucks more and they both total out to around the same, but at least Wideners is honest.

http://www.wideners.com/

(York County)

Not that im taking any sides but when it comes to shipping there is a lot of grey area.

I do lots of internet orders and the same 30 dollar item that weighs 1 lb may cost 5 bucks to ship to california and possibly 10 dollars to ship to Virginia. Even though Virginia is closer the package may go to more hubs or have to be shipped to a rural area. Weight is not the only factor in shipping.

Yeah the guy was an ass on the phone but possibly they found a happy medium for shipping?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by StaubyStyle View Post
    Not that im taking any sides but when it comes to shipping there is a lot of grey area.

I do lots of internet orders and the same 30 dollar item that weighs 1 lb may cost 5 bucks to ship to california and possibly 10 dollars to ship to Virginia. Even though Virginia is closer the package may go to more hubs or have to be shipped to a rural area. Weight is not the only factor in shipping.

Yeah the guy was an ass on the phone but possibly they found a happy medium for shipping?
    I don't think it's the price he's griping about, it's the fact that they stated a package was one weight (presumably to justify their assessed freight charges), when the actual weight is nowhere near that.

Want to charge $33 for shipping? Great. Just don't say the package weighs 40 pounds to justify that amount, when it only weights 16.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by StaubyStyle View Post

first, they shoot UPS ground just like Wideners, although Wideners is in TN and J&G is in AZ. So TN is a bit closer.

second, if you want to charge a billion dollars flat rate shipping thats fine by me. I can say yes or no. Just dont lie about weights in order to inflate shipping charges.

and if ya get called on it "yeah, so?" is not the proper response.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    1000 rounds 55 grain M193, packed in 200 round battle packs from Wideners shipping is $14.95, half as much.

the ammo is a couple bucks more and they both total out to around the same, but at least Wideners is honest.

http://www.wideners.com/
    I'm a HUGE fan of Wideners. They didn't jack up prices on ammo until their current stock was out (about a month ago for 7.62X39). Even then the prices have not gone up close to what other competitors are charging. I CANNOT stand Obama-Profiteering. I will be making a post about a company doing just that, as soon as I get some time.
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?