Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default PX4 Sub-Compact in short supply????

Just wondering,

Does anyone know why I can't seem to find the PX4 sub-compact for sale anywhere? Between GBroker, AArms, and GAmerica I could only find 1 (ONE), and its at $680. Just a short supply from Beretta, or something else?

Thanks,

DB

(Delaware County)

Default Re: PX4 Sub-Compact in short supply????

Seems to be the problem all over with everybody. I thought I read somewhere the other day that more are being released.

I got lucky and got mine about 8 months ago from my local store. Targetmaster in Chadds Ford, PA.
    You may want to give them a try.

Last edited by Chase2b; March 26th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy too carry (unknown author)

(Allegheny County)

From my personal experience anything sub-compact is in short supply right now, at least if you want a reasonable price on it. I'd say just keep on the lookout.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

(Delaware County)

It's not just autos. I have been looking for a specific gun for a month. Getting as bad as ammo.

(Northampton County)

SC PX4's are hard to find cause they are quiet new to the market. I have a full size and wanted a SC but the .40version is a Unicorn as of now. Even things like holsters for my full size PX4 are still hard to find.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

(Chester County)

im on a waiting list for a px4sc in .40 placed a deposit and was quoted under $600 no time frame given however

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy44 View Post
    Does anyone know why I can't seem to find the PX4 sub-compact for sale anywhere?
    It's also not the most popular gun around, so probably not a lot of dealers are buying them to stick in the case. Makes sense to stock up on the things most likely to sell.

Don't you guys have local dealers that will order in whatever you want, anyways? I always find it odd hearing people talking about how they can't find this gun or that gun at any of their local shops.

I've never purchased a gun from available dealer stock, everything has been a special order. The two gun shops that I've dealt with have been more than happy to order in whatever I want.

My first gun, a full-size Beretta Px4 Storm in 9mm, was special ordered from the Army and Navy Store in Latrobe. My AR-15 (Stag Arms Model 2) was special ordered from Schultz's Sportsmen's Stop in Apollo. I'm currently waiting on a Springfield XD9SC to come in, once again ordered from Schultz's. I just tell them what I want, and they get it for me.

I'd rather have exactly what I want, rather than whatever happens to be sitting around in a dealers case.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    It's also not the most popular gun around, so probably not a lot of dealers are buying them to stick in the case. Makes sense to stock up on the things most likely to sell.

Don't you guys have local dealers that will order in whatever you want, anyways? I always find it odd hearing people talking about how they can't find this gun or that gun at any of their local shops.

I've never purchased a gun from available dealer stock, everything has been a special order. The two gun shops that I've dealt with have been more than happy to order in whatever I want.

My first gun, a full-size Beretta Px4 Storm in 9mm, was special ordered from the Army and Navy Store in Latrobe. My AR-15 (Stag Arms Model 2) was special ordered from Schultz's Sportsmen's Stop in Apollo. I'm currently waiting on a Springfield XD9SC to come in, once again ordered from Schultz's. I just tell them what I want, and they get it for me.

I'd rather have exactly what I want, rather than whatever happens to be sitting around in a dealers case.

Its not always about that. Some people want to see/feel/touch and handle it before they buy. Most shops wont order something cause you want to see it, you have to commit to buying it. I know I've handled guns I did not like the way they felt right away. I looked at a Sig 2 weeks ago that was REALLY nice till I held it, It just didnt fit my hand right.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

(Allegheny County)

I suppose that's a fair point.

I wasn't particularly concerned with that for most of my purchases, since I'd had opportunities to get a feel for the guns (or similar ones) prior to deciding to buy for myself.

I guess that's one of the advantages of the monthly PAFOA group shoots in Western PA. You get to try out a lot of guns.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    quite the opposite, the supply does NOT meet the demand, there is a HUGE demand for the px4 subcompacts, and there simply arent enough to go around, French Creek Outfitters stocks the subcompact but cant keep any in stock as soon as they get one in it goes out the door, they do have them on order but not sure when they are coming in, im on a waitlist for an order at another gun shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast