Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Russia testing Obama / Clinton?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...ef=mpstoryview

MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Russia expressed interest in using Cuban airfields during patrol missions of its strategic bombers, Russia's Interfax news agency reported

"There are four or five airfields in Cuba with 4,000-meter-long runways, which absolutely suit us," Maj. Gen. Anatoly Zhikharev told Interfax.

Zhikharev, who is the chief of staff of the Russian Air Force's long-range aviation, said, "If the two chiefs of state display such a political will, we are ready to fly there."

Zhikharev also told Interfax that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has offered a military airfield on La Orchila island as a temporary base for Russian strategic bombers.

"If a relevant political decision is made, this is possible," he said, according to Interfax. Zhikharev said he visited La Orchila in 2008 and can confirm that with minor reconstruction, the airfield owned by a local naval base can accept fully-loaded Russian strategic bombers.
    E-mail to a friend E-mail to a friend
    Share this on:
    Mixx Digg Facebook del.icio.us reddit StumbleUpon MySpace
    | Mixx it | Share

Interesting move by Russia... the US has NO leg to stand on in telling them no either since we have military bases everywhere
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Russia testing Obama / Clinton?

The Russia idea of 'stimulus'.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    The Russia idea of 'stimulus'.
    Just wait till they ask Obama to pay for the repairs and ask to fly over the US to save on petrol going back to Russia...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Just wait till they ask Obama to pay for the repairs and ask to fly over the US to save on petrol going back to Russia...
    This surely isn't going to happen. Did you know, that when we sell things like F-16s or other older legacy military products to other countries, that here in the US, we'll paint fully them with their military regalia of the foreign nation.

THEN... we'll put another heavy coat of "removable" paint over that livery to render the aircraft "appropriate" for flightin US airspace by US pilots (who will fly them to the destination). Interesting, huh?

(Mercer County)

Testing Obama and Clinton? Heck, the Russians are running rings around them. Barry and Shrillary are sooooo in over their heads at the moment.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Testing Obama and Clinton? Heck, the Russians are running rings around them. Barry and Shrillary are sooooo in over their heads at the moment.
    Well considering this election the United States delcared itsself the political version of a "Gun free zone", what did we think would happen?

(Lehigh County)

Christ O'Mighty.

Salivating a bit aren't you all? lol

Not even a 100 days.. Like some of us have said. It's going to be a friggin long 4 years.. It's like watching younger siblings eagerly waiting for their older brother to fail so they can feel better.

1) Russia has been growing their influence since the Iraq war drained most of our influence and military might.
    2) Russia has been flooded withe oil profits
    3) We've managed to piss off all our old allies weakening NATO's strength and solidarity
    4) It's a show, a game, a stunt. Its like Russia sailing warships to South America, they saber rattling.. Poor Saber rattling, they just show their hands.
    5) They're feeling out Obama's reactions and ability to handle pressure. Push the US into doing something stupid. Exactly like China is doing right now. Measured response is the key. You do exactly what is needed when it is needed, not before not after.
    6) Let Russia put bombers 90 miles off our coast! You really think they'd cause any real danger? It'd be a simple matter to put some Tomahawk missile batteries in Florida with the ability to wipe out and entire bomber fleet in about 15 minutes.. With early detection radar and a spy satellite parked over Cuba just waiting for them to twitch. They'd be 100% times easier to destroy and 400% cheaper to get to.

I'm not saying if they are over their heads or not.

However 60 or some odd days do not qualify any of these statements. All you're doing is taking what you already believe and then viewing every single fing event that happens to reinforce your already previously hard coded beliefs.

Obama could resurrect the economy, make us more powerful then after WW2, and then put men on Pluto using nothing but a 79 Pinto, and some would still think he's a mumbling, club footed, jackass.

I say this because I care..

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Christ O'Mighty.

Salivating a bit aren't you all? lol

Not even a 100 days.. Like some of us have said. It's going to be a friggin long 4 years.. It's like watching younger siblings eagerly waiting for their older brother to fail so they can feel better.

1) Russia has been growing their influence since the Iraq war drained most of our influence and military might.
    2) Russia has been flooded withe oil profits
    3) We've managed to piss off all our old allies weakening NATO's strength and solidarity
    4) It's a show, a game, a stunt. Its like Russia sailing warships to South America, they saber rattling.. Poor Saber rattling, they just show their hands.
    5) They're feeling out Obama's reactions and ability to handle pressure. Push the US into doing something stupid. Exactly like China is doing right now. Measured response is the key. You do exactly what is needed when it is needed, not before not after.
    6) Let Russia put bombers 90 miles off our coast! You really think they'd cause any real danger? It'd be a simple matter to put some Tomahawk missile batteries in Florida with the ability to wipe out and entire bomber fleet in about 15 minutes.. With early detection radar and a spy satellite parked over Cuba just waiting for them to twitch. They'd be 100% times easier to destroy and 400% cheaper to get to.

I'm not saying if they are over their heads or not.

However 60 or some odd days do not qualify any of these statements. All you're doing is taking what you already believe and then viewing every single fing event that happens to reinforce your already previously hard coded beliefs.

Obama could resurrect the economy, make us more powerful then after WW2, and then put men on Pluto using nothing but a 79 Pinto, and some would still think he's a mumbling, club footed, jackass.

I say this because I care..
    Doubt it. not when he spends 1.2 trillion in 2 weeks and then comes out and goes oops the economy isnt as bad as we thought. So we just put america in a panic for nothing? He's so far over his head. Just have to ride out the 4 years and hope the opposing party has a credible candidate or hope a third party is created which I would be in favor of just not one that has a label and has no chance ever.

(Bucks County)

But truly they are not, they came in with an agenda and are executing it to a T. It's the execution of a once great country and the end of Capitalism, one stimulus bill at a time.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post

Since a good portion of this board seems to be well rounded in the political information area, I think that their opinions are based on what Barry has done his political carrear, not just on what he has done (or failed to do) in the last 60 days.

I'm not a supporter of Obama, but if my understanding of some of his ideas is correct, I support their result. The problem is I do not support the path we are using to get there. I do not feel the Republican ticket offered any better leadership or solutions, but I'm also not locked into the idea of a two party system like the majority of America.

Ultimately I think Obama is going to try to achieve his agenda taking the path of least resistance. If there is a good chance of only being one term, he will ramrod the rest of his agenda as midnight mandates, like all others before him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast