Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Kudos to South Western Regional POlice

Today, 2 friends and I were shooting pistols, AR's, Shotguns, Etc on our family farm. shooting at targets at 50 yds and Steel Plates at 250yds. smack dab in the middle of OUR 60 acres with a hillside as a backstop.
    Now I shoot prolly twice per month maybe 500-800rounds each time. I know The guy who owns the farm next to us hates it. he complains everytime, drives down to our place and b*tches about how we're making too much noise, etc, etc.
    About 30min after we get done and we're just cleaning up, the Cops showup...... LEO asks to talk with me, about the neighbors complaints. He looks at our targets from where we shoot from, I show him my CCW permit (my pistol was on my hip). offer to walk him downrange and even offer him to cap off some rounds and have some fun with us. he declined.
    He told me That We were being safe, and we were 100% within the law. He said there is no noise ordinance in North Codorus Township and I free to do "whatever" I please on my own property.
    He told me my nieghbor has called about 7 times in the last 4-5 monthsand he told him each time that there was nothing he could do.
    I would just like to say thank you to the Officer for being kind and respectful. He could have easily been a dick about it, but at no time did I hear any attitude or any indication that he wasn't happy about what I was doing. He was Exceptionally polite. (maybe cause I was armed?) Anyway, Kudos to the officer and to our Police dept. for respecting my rights and understanding.
    I march before the martyred world, An army for the fight. I speak of great of heroic days of victory and might. I hold a banner drenched in Blood, I urge you to be brave...I lead you to your destiny, I lead you to your Grave. Your bones will build my palaces, Your eyes will stud my crown...FOR I AM MARS THE GOD OF WAR, AND I WILL CUT YOU DOWN.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Kudos to South Western Regional POlice

Why would you show him your "CCW" permit? It's actually called a License to Carry Firearms (LTCF). You can conceal carry without any kind of "permit/license" while on your own property.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Why would you show him your "CCW" permit? It's actually called a License to Carry Firearms (LTCF). You can conceal carry without any kind of "permit/license" while on your own property.
    Better question is, WTF was he doing there at all?

(Franklin County)

You can conceal carry without any kind of "permit/license" while on your own property.
    Nope. Only in your "place of abode or fixed place of business." This doesn't include outbuildings OR the 'back forty'.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(York County)

He didn't ask for it, I showed him my permit to show him that the state says I'm responsible enough to carry, because the issue my nieghbor had is that I'm not shooting responsibly. I realize It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I was on my property.
    he actually parked on 'what he thought' was off our property and walked down. But technically he was parked on our property. Doesn't matter. the point is I'm glad to see a LEO without an attitude and a LEO not giving me shit about my guns.
    I march before the martyred world, An army for the fight. I speak of great of heroic days of victory and might. I hold a banner drenched in Blood, I urge you to be brave...I lead you to your destiny, I lead you to your Grave. Your bones will build my palaces, Your eyes will stud my crown...FOR I AM MARS THE GOD OF WAR, AND I WILL CUT YOU DOWN.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Nope. Only in your "place of abode or fixed place of business." This doesn't include outbuildings OR the 'back forty'.
    Really? huh... That's bs in my opinion.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Venango County)

Mine too, but so is needing a LTCF in the first place

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(York County)

you should send your neighbor a lil goodie basket with some ear protection, some safety glasses and a 6 pack...so he doesn't have to hear your fun, he won't get his eye shot out and the 6 pack just to be neighborly lol.

(Allegheny County)

Really? huh... That's bs in my opinion.
    i suggest you read the actual wording of the exception that allows you to CC without an LTCF in your "place of abode" (section 6106(a).1 of the UFA) and do some research into the legal definition of "abode".

and the concept of curtilage.

and the "open fields" doctrine.

greg is correct. there is no exception in the UFA that allows you to CC without an LTCF on your private property...only in your "place of abode". that pretty much means in your house. it could potentially include a fenced in back yard, but most probably not.
    F*S=k

(Delaware County)

Am I the only one that thinks a nice visit to the neighbors home is warranted? And I mean nice visit, with maybe a gift of some kind? Pie, Flowers, Lasagna??

Maybe a discussion of when a good time would be? Maybe a phone call to let them know when starting and when done? I know this is all not necessary and you are well within your rights to do nothing, but being neighborly is always a 2 way street.

Now if all this results in nothing, and they still complain, you can at least feel good in that you tried to reach a settlement!

And the COP has to come if he has a complaint!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast