Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Cool PRISim Use of Force Options Training Simulator - LCCC

I just took a "demo" on the PRISim Use of Force Options Training Simulator at Lehigh Carbon Community College yesterday. Let me tell you....IT WAS AWESOME!!!! Thanos Milios, a retired Detective Sergeant from Allentown and former Allentown Police Academy Instructor, teaches the course. He gave me a couple fliers to hand out and asked if I could find some people, preferably in small groups, to come and take the civilian version.

There were 5 people in this "demo" class, from various backgrounds. There was me and one other civilian, a university cop, a municipal cop, and state trooper. Watching the others go through their scenarios seemed like watching someone play an arcade shooting game. When I got up to take some scenarios, it seemed VERY realistic. Your heart starts pounding, the adrenaline gets flowing, you start getting nervous. They say that when you're placed in a real-life incident, you only score hits about 50% of what you would do on the range. It's true. lol

There's a variety of "weapons" to use with the simulator. They have 3 Glock .40 calibers, 2 of which are laser only, 1 accepts compressed air "rounds" which create a more realistic firing experience. They also have an AR-15 which accepts the air "rounds", as well as a taser, pepper spray, and a flashlight...all of which use a laser to interact with the screen. PLUS, there's an air cannon that shoots paintball-like balls at you when the bad guys shoot!!

I highly recommend this for EVERYONE!!! It was a real eye opener and definitely makes you realize how much you suck. The instructor told me that the civilian class is about 3 hours of classroom instruction and 5 hours using the simulator. The cost is $100, but it's well worth it. Maybe we could get a group of us together, if not a couple groups, and do this???

PEOPLE INTERESTED SO FAR:
    1. Dakota 35-1
    2. ReconLdr
    3. FNG19
    4. mikey
    5. rodder
    6. US Militiaman
    Last edited by Dakota 35-1; April 14th, 2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: list update

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: PRISim Use of Force Options Training Simulator - LCCC

Count me in... Just let me know where and when, with enough warning I can schedule it in.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Berks County)

The brochure's that Thanos gave me say the next classes are March 30 & 31 and May 18 & 20 from 1800-2200. Those classes are geared mostly towards LEO's. He said that if we can get a group together, he'll do a "special" class geared towards civilians with LTCF's. So, if we can get a bunch of us interested, then we can come up with a date/time that will work for everyone.....hopefully.

Let me know as details emerge. I may just be interested in doing this!

(Berks County)

I'm going to call Thanos tomorrow and see if there's a particular set of days of the week or month that he would prefer. I'm going to say that the times would most likely be the same, but I'll verify that, too.

Hope we can get some more interest in this!!! It really is a vital class if you carry a gun.

I may be interested in doing this also. I used to know of Thanos, back when I was living in Allentown. I took some classes at the academy when I was a member of the Allentown FirePolice.

(Berks County)

A fellow Kutztonian....nice.

I must say, in the beginning, Thanos seemed like a bit of a typical A-Town cop. Man was I wrong. He's pretty easy to discuss things with. I asked him about what would be the best thing to do when the police arrive when you're involved in a shooting incident, and he pretty much gave me a great answer: If you can do so safely, and after calling 9-1-1 and giving a description of yourself, kick the threatening weapon aside, holster your weapon, and have your ID handy, with your hands in plain sight. I was expecting something simple with a touch of douche-baggery, like "just keep your hands up" or "shut up and do what they say".

(Northampton County)

this sounds really cool. I'd be in for the civi class.

(Northampton County)

I would be very interested...any word on a date or time?
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Berks County)

Since we now have 6 people interested, I'll call Thanos to set this up. He had told me that he wanted at least 6 people for the class. I'll post the times and dates up here after I talk to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast