Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Sirius Sat Radio

Anyone else have this? or XM? I had sirus last year and canceled it because of how I never got a clear signal. Today I got a thing in the mail saying they've turned it on for free until the 25th, which is cool. I hooked everything back up, it works. I have to use the FM Transmitter since I have no AUX input on my radio. If anyone else uses this service has anyone taken notice some songs it doesn't pick up base too well? It just seems like the bass is turned all the way down. I've moved the fm transmitter around to different channels, some seem better then others. Is it possible to get something to boost the signal to the car radio? Before I canceled it the last time they offered for free that add-on that plus the sirius directly into my car radio, i turned it down because at the time I had enough of it...I should have taken that haha.

Can't really go to Circuit City and get them to put that thing in now. If I take it to my car dealer it's going to be A LOT of money for them to do it, I think.
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; March 14th, 2009 at 05:49 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Sirius Sat Radio

No problems with my XM. Just picked up a new reciever last week at sellout city for 90% off. Only paid $13 for it. I know other people that have had problems with sirius locally.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Packerfan View Post
    No problems with my XM. Just picked up a new reciever last week at sellout city for 90% off. Only paid $13 for it. I know other people that have had problems with sirius locally.
    I checked out the XM when I was there, it was more then that, blah. I should have went the day they closed.

From what I got told the FCC had these guys limit the signal they put out, so it wouldn't come across in nearby cars. hmm

So I called Sirius, the girl was really helpful. They wouldn't give me a prepaid install card like they offered before. However they are sending me th FM direct adapter that hooks into the back of my car radio for $0.01 haha. So I just need to find a place who installs it.

Best Buy wants $150 to install it, holy shit!
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; March 14th, 2009 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    From what I got told the FCC had these guys limit the signal they put out, so it wouldn't come across in nearby cars. hmm
    That's right, but some of the units sold prior to 2006 had stronger FM transmitters. I have an early Sirius Starmate Replay that's powerful enough to transmit from my truck into my house.
    As far as the signal quality, even my "high power" unit sounds better hard-wired. Fortunately my truck has an auxiliary jack.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by arks View Post
    That's right, but some of the units sold prior to 2006 had stronger FM transmitters. I have an early Sirius Starmate Replay that's powerful enough to transmit from my truck into my house.
    As far as the signal quality, even my "high power" unit sounds better hard-wired. Fortunately my truck has an auxiliary jack.
    Yeah I had an XM in 2006 and it was AWESOME! I can't find it though! Loved it, I would be able to set it to a radio station that had music on it and the XM would blast right over that station like nothing was there.

So The first best buy i called outside of reading said they wanted $150.

I called the Best Buy in York and they said around $51 after tax, and I was like "The wyomissing best buy wanted $150 why are you guys so much cheaper?"

Installer at the york BB:"WHAT?! 150? That is not even right. You have this type of car, you need this. Total its around $51"
    Me:"I don't think I would trust the other BB store with my car after that"
    Installer:"I...I wouldnt either, it's me and another guy here, he is master certified, and I am advanced, if you come here will get it hooked up and not mess anything up."

haha.
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; March 14th, 2009 at 06:56 PM.

I have had Sirius radio from day one. I don't listen to regular radio since then.
    One in the Jeep another in the F-250 which came with Sirius radio. No problems. I even have the boom box that the radio snaps into.

(Lebanon County)

Funny you posted this. My husband was just trying to score an old transmitter on ebay last night because he was telling me how the FCC made them tone down the signal strength or whatever. So there ya go. You can get them on Ebay.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Funny you posted this. My husband was just trying to score an old transmitter on ebay last night because he was telling me how the FCC made them tone down the signal strength or whatever. So there ya go. You can get them on Ebay.
    Indeed, I've been thinking of that too.

(York County)

I have had Sirius for a little over 2 years and I love it. I originally tried the fm transmitter, but my job has me like cow shit in the pasture, I'm everywhere.I constantly had to change the station to keep my signal. Fortunately, I have a cassette player in my van. I bought an cassette adaptor that plugs into the sat. radio on one end and a cassette looking thing on the other. That gave me a direct connection. Couldn't be any better unless it was free. Well worth the money.

(Lancaster County)

For those that tried the FM Transmitter then went to something better. Did you get bass with songs? Like now only a few songs really sound good, others are just blah. I think once it would get hooked up directly it would sound better then normal radio, or sound like a cd, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast