Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default DOD says no more surplus brass... Resolved (?)

The new administrastion is finding new and creative ways to stop firearm ownership.
    It looks like the first steps are being taken in stealth against us.
    http://www.georgia-arms.com/

Attention!!

Due to new government regulations concerning the purchasing of surplus brass, we are removing sales of all 223 and all 308 until further notice. Below is a copy of the email we recieved from Goverment Liqudiations.

"Effective immediately DOD Surplus, LLC, will be implementing new requirements for mutilation of fired shell casings. The new DRMS requirement calls for DOD Surplus personnel to witness the mutilation of the property and sign the Certificate of Destruction. Mutilation of the property can be done at the DRMO, if permitted by the Government, or it may be mutilated at a site chosen by the buyer. Mutilation means that the property will be destroyed to the extent prevents its reuse or reconstruction. DOD Surplus personnel will determine when property has been sufficiently mutilated to meet the requirements of the Government. "

This is a huge waste of taxpayer's money. The value of these products is reduced by 80% by going from a recycled product to a scrap product.

CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN!!!!!!!!!

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Centre County)

Default Re: DOD says no more surplus brass

I hope this is nothing more than a miscommunication or something like that...

But I just emailed the DRMS anyway for some clarification and to express my outrage.

drmspubaff@dla.mil (Defense Reutlization Marketing Service, Public Affairs)
    DLIS-Support@dla.mil (DRMS, Customer Service)
    Not sure which email addy is better, i sent mine to Public Affairs...

If this is simply a change in the DRMS policy, simply bombarding them could be enough to change things.
    Last edited by Agent Ronin; March 14th, 2009 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Monroe County)

This is thesecond time I have heard this now BUT I still have not received any emails from DOD or Gov liquidations concerning any change in brass sales.

I ofcourse hope this is just more BS and fear mongering but I guess we will see shortly.

On a side note: I just checked gov. liquidation and there is still plenty of brass listed and every listing says MUTILATION NOT REQUIRED.

Rich W.

(Centre County)

www.gibrass.com

Effective Immediately
    Orders for all military brass acquired thru government auction is hereby
    suspended until further notice. If recent auction purchased brass is
    is declared unrestricted, all orders will be filled in order received

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Berks County)

Just wait till they see the lose in revenue. The DoD will be sitting there going damn that stuff was one of the best sellers.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(York County)

I've been spreading the Word to as many Gun Boards that I can.

I'll be visiting my Rep's Office in person the very first chance I get, i.e.; Monday Afternoon

(Allegheny County)

Does anyone have any links to official statements or press releases concerning this?

This is making it's rounds on the internet, but so far I haven't seen anything official or reliable.

Seven pages on arf.com:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=844248

Nothig on the radar so far by way of an executive order, at least not officially and on paper:

http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...009-obama.html
    Last edited by King 5.45; March 14th, 2009 at 08:22 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    Does anyone have any links to official statements or press releases concerning this?

This is making it's rounds on the internet, but so far I haven't seen anything official or reliable.

I can't find anything either! I have been buying from Gov. Liquidations since 1999 and I have bought quite a few loads of brass. I have NOT received the email that is spreading like wild fire around the net. I also went to the auction site and there are still quite a few lots of brass up for sale that state in the listing that mutilation is NOT required. I would ASSUME that the email would have been sent to everyone that buys brass from them and if this did happen yesterday as is being stated on several different sites then they would have already changed the demil codes to D instead of B on the current listings and also changed the listings to state that mutilation IS required.

The other thing I can't figure out is WHY some dealers are already pulling all listings of brass and loaded ammo from thier sites! If this was true then why wouldn't they want to continue selling until sold out? UNLESS they are sitting on stock with the intent to sky rocket the prices in the coming weeks.The later makes NO sence to me because being in the business I can see the prices have about hit the ceiling now. Shoot GA is already selling thier remanned 223 at the SAME price as current XM193 is selling for.

JMHO,
    Rich W.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    The new administration is finding new and creative ways to stop firearm ownership.
    A little too creative, I think.

If there is anything we've learned about gun-control advocates, it's that they're generally ignorant regarding all things gun related. Most of them probably don't even know that spent brass can be reloaded, let alone capable of crafting some sort of insidious plan to hurt gun-owners by preventing the auction of spent military brass to ammunition remanufacturers. That kind of thing would probably be way over their heads.

If this is legitimate, and the additional information that's been posted does seem to be lending some weight to it, this is probably the result of some sort of internal Department of Defense regulation. I very much doubt that this is some sort of anti-gun move by the administration.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast