Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: ACE Sporting Goods in Washington PA

Quote Originally Posted by PA452 View Post
    In my experience, the staff is great. Very helpful and very friendly.
    I definitely like the shop. Their selection is good and its very convenient for me to go there. However, I have never found their staff to be helpful and certainly not friendly. A couple of them have come across as genuine douche bags, on multiple occasions. And that is besides the fact that it almost always takes about 30 minutes (not exaggerating) to get service.

I will say that the guy who wears the P.O.W. hat seems to be a relatively good dude. The rest of them... not so much.

(Allegheny County)

i was in there yesterday morning took me about 2 hrs from start to finish .. cause I couldnt decide on what I wanted to take home with me
    |Sig P320| Sig 556 Classic|Zastava M57|Glock 42|Custom 300 AAC Blackout|

(Allegheny County)

GREAT selection. Only 'issue' I had is that its PACKED. Like, there is a line to go up to the counters. Great prices, good experience. Thumbs up.

(Allegheny County)

I've been going in there since the 70's and i have had ok experiences, nothing particularly special and i have had horrible experiences. i never go there first any more and only go if they have something i really want.

since they moved out onto rt 19 the service has gotten worse. I've had staff member be so rude to me that i almost went over the counter after him. i like old and milsurp handguns and the saving grace is that they have things on occasion that are priced really well.

the only place in the area that has worse service is anthony's, who will lie to you on the phone to get you to come in, and often the staff doesn't know what the hell they have. ask for one thing and they bring out something completely different! at least ace hasn't done that to me.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

They can be real A-Holes. I walked in looking for a .45 in November. Those guys ended up forcing me to buy a Kimber .45 and a Armalite SASS or they were not giving me my credit card back.

So since they had my back against the wall I just had to buy both guns.

I have been shopping at ACE since the early 1980's and I have always been treated very well. Yes they do have two or three real useless idiots working down there. Why George keeps them around I will never know?
    I've been lucky that I know the good guys that work their I just wait for one of them for service.

But by knowing these guys I have also heard the asshole customer stories.
    If you don't deal with the public you have no idea what kind of jerks you have to deal with every day.

(Allegheny County)

Never had anything but a good experience there. Puchased my XD45 there. I was shopping around for handwarmers to send to Iraq for my son. They had the best price around at the time. When george found out they were for a service member he took another 40% off. I ended up leaving with 120 packs of handwarmers.

(Jefferson County)

I've been occasionally hitting Ace's since the early '90s. I've bought a lot of ammo, a couple long guns as a FL resident at the time, and other stuff like holsters, reloading supplies, throwing darts, etc..

The only bad experiences I've had at Ace's was when they were packed they got kinda short and curt with you. ..some of which I can understand, some of which should have been kept in check.

Most of the prices were fair to average, some things definitely high. My Walther P99 was $30-40 cheaper at the Tru-Value in Dry Tavern Greene Co than at Ace's and they didn't want to budge on their price.

Overall, a 200+ mile round trip to Ace's in Washington for me is more productive than a 100mile round trip to Grice's in Clearfield. I at least get service at Ace's.

(Allegheny County)

All in all I'd say it is a good shop. Most of the time they are really friendly and helpful. Keith, their in-shop gunsmith, is AWESOME. Really nice guy and has helped me out a few times.

There's only one bad experience I can recall. I was in with my dad once, he was looking for a specific shotgun. He asked one of the guys behind the counter if they stocked it or could order it. The guy outright refused to even look it up in the computer or catalog and said bluntly "I can't help you" and walked away. We left after that. It was very strange, maybe he was just having a bad day, who knows.

(Allegheny County)

I just spent about 45 minutes looking over and handling all kinds of guns. I went down there after work to check out how a Kahr CW9 would feel in my hand, having never held one, and the counter guy went nuts pulling out all kinds of 9mm guns for me to handle since I told him I had only shot the PT111, a 1911, 27Hands two glocks, my 22 and a couple other pistols.

I didn't get his name since he moved on to help a new guy that walked in after I was done, but he had gray hair, sort of a bowl cut (not being mean just that style). He was very enthusiastic and even steered me towards the used guns after I really liked the feel of the P232 since they had a used P230 in stock (but it was sold already). He was uber helpful.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

I have been going there for a few years. They are pretty knowledgeable and have a good selection. I have traded in a few firearms and felt like I got a fair deal each time. They have ordered me a couple of firearms and given me good prices each time. I have money down on a new rifle that has not come out yet. Overall I think they are a very good business and I enjoy dealing with them.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast