Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Glock 30SF dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by Steelblitz View Post
    Going back to the first 50 she put through this right after buying it, literally 2 out of 5 times it would not return to battery fully, it would be about 1/8 short. A light push on the rear of the slide would lock it up fine. This seemed to go away on its own after a hundred rounds or so, but the feeding problems developed with the 230 fmj there after. She might of had the 230 fmj feeding problems at first, but all I had to give her was some 185 jhp to start off with.

I hand cycled a bunch of dummy rounds I loaded last night, shell and bullet only, in her G30 and my G21 and watched them feed last night. The G30 really jumps the round up and in, not as smooth as my 21 at all, then again, this doesnt really show the entire story since the full dynamics of it really cycling is absent. The 21 looked to feed the rounds fairly straight in, where as the 30 had the back end of the round high, yet actual stoppages when firing the 30 had the back half of the round angled down as it was stuck partially in the chamber.
    Seems you could be lacking enough room under the hood if the rails are too low. Some 30sf's are even showing tight gaps in the rear between the frame and slide. Uneven front to back. Mine is minimal but does exsist. Glock will give you a bs story as it goes now but they can't deny the comparison of rail height to other good guns. Like my 21sf and my 21. Both perfect. 1/8" off the polymer to the upper edge of the rails. 30sf shows 1/64th" shorter on rear rails. tr bar scoring and a staged ,sandy trigger. All symptoms of a problem like out of spec fr rails. And i have a fully running gun. You should see pics of the 30's that fail trtb every 10 to 30 rds. Looks like someone hacksawed the tr bar's camming knobs. At GT they are calling the scored part the "shark fin". Ok ,i definately jumped in here and said too much. I apologize and i'm out.

(York County)

She didnt get to go shooting today, hopefully tomorrow, but I did take a quick look at the pistol today. It has some light scoring on the trigger bar.

I read about the first 5 and last 5 pages on that monster of a thread you mentioned about. My impression now is that Glock might have put out a batch of bad frames with the 30's where the rear rails are way too low.

I measured the rails with my digital mics and the rear rails on her 30SF are .024 lower than the front. She has the 'M' prefix also. My 21 measures the same all the way around.

I don't have time to sign up on another board and participate, but you should start a poll over there. Simply ask "If your new glock 30/30sf fails to go into battery at all and/or has problems feeding do the rails measure evenly?
    1) yes
    2) no

Those that make the selection that the rails are uneven should then post the difference like I did above. A good set of calipers should be used.

Your 30sf could run perfectly well forever. There is no need to think it's less than it's worth. The only thing is after measureing my other glocks too ,the comparisons give much cause for concern. My glock armorer thinks the same.
    Last edited by mike4; May 21st, 2009 at 11:02 AM.

Wish I had seen this thread BEFORE buying my 30sf. Go the same problem with a NWxxx serial.

Hi Mike, I too have experienced the gouging and the scoring of the trigger block on my glock 30sf. I would send you a photo but this site is asking for a url#. If you provide me with an email address, I will gladly email you a photo of the trigger block. Right now I am in the getting as much information as possible before I contact Glock with my problem. Have you by chance contacted their Tech support thru an email address. If you have and if you would not mind sharing their email address I would appreciate it. By the way, the prefix on my pistol is MVY. Thank you for sharing your experience on the forum reference your problem.
    RetJet

I failed to mention in my last post. I have only shot 200 rounds thru my G-30sf and when I do a field strip on the gun, the slide does not slide off as easily as it does on my other Glocks. It binds and it needs to forefully be pulled off the rail. Has anyone else experienced this? (frame prefix is MVY). Finally able to figure out how to post photo. **A bit out of focus but it shows the gouging and the scoring on the trigger block.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by retjet; July 16th, 2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: to see if i can attach a photo
    RetJet

A little off topic, but I'd like to know if anyone has heard of similar problems with other Glock subcompacts like the G26. I haven't heard of any.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    A little off topic, but I'd like to know if anyone has heard of similar problems with other Glock subcompacts like the G26. I haven't heard of any.
    Have not heard about a problem with the G-26-27. These Baby Glocks have turned out to be sweet pistols. I have fired many rounds thru mine without a problem. Definitely my favorite firearm, and the 9mm relatively inexpensive caliber to shoot.

If you find out of any problems thru this thread or other Forums be sure to post comments here.
    RetJet

(Erie County)

Seems most of the issues are M** prefix or later. I have an L** prefix 30SF I bought in early '08 that's been perfect in over 2k rounds. No gouging or scoring anywhere. I hope they take care of these issues because it's a great little .45.

(Delaware County)

Mine was a 2010 gun (P series) and still gouges with the new trigger bar. No FTRTB though! I'm going to polish it down. Glock still hasn't fixed these wide frame sub compacts. Lazy lazy.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast