Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default U.S out of the U.N-U.N out of the U.S

Case and point of why I think they should get the hell out and we should take our building back.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House objected Thursday to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's description of the United States as a "deadbeat" donor to the world body.
    Ban used the phrase Wednesday during a private meeting with lawmakers at the Capitol, one day after he met with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Ban's "word choice was unfortunate," given that the U.S. is the largest contributor to the United Nations.

The United States pays 22 percent of the organization's nearly $5 billion operating budget but is perennially late paying its dues.

Asked whether Ban should retract his comment, Gibbs said some recognition by Ban of the U.S. role would be appropriate.

"I think given the contribution that the American taxpayer makes, I do think it would be appropriate to acknowledge that role," Gibbs told reporters at his daily briefing.

Ban, apparently concerned about his choice of words, issued a statement late Wednesday saying the U.S. "generously supports the work of the U.N., both in assessed and voluntary contributions." Ban also said he enjoys "an excellent working relationship with the United States and appreciates the many ways that it supports the United Nations."

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: U.S out of the U.N-U.N out of the U.S

Dead beat donor? We supply 80% of the manpower and funding for the bucking blue helmets. Fuck them!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Dead beat donor? We supply 80% of the manpower and funding for the bucking blue helmets. Fuck them!

This just proves they dont have americas best interest on their agenda. We need to tell them to get out and take their one world govt agenda somewhere else cause we dont wanna be part of it. I had bumper stickers made up that states the title of this thread. If anyone would like to purchase and proudly display pm me for details.

(Bucks County)

I think the point is that we don't pay what we promised. Better if we did not make the promise and just said that from now on we will pay $ 1 more than the next highest contributor.

(Schuylkill County)

We have subsidized the UN for far too long IMHO. Nice concept, but all it is is a stage for everyone in the world to get up and rip us. Iraq was the last straw. They refused to back up their own mandates against Saddam and let us go in alone. Shame on them, but it would be stupid of us to think anything will change. Save a billion a year and pull out of the UN now and charge them rent for the choice piece of land in New York City.

I saw the thread title and thought for a second that my wildest dreams had come true. A strong centralized federal government is bad enough. A strong, centralized world government is the worst...

But yeah, these thankless assholes can go to hell as far as I am concerned. I think we need to not only quit policing the world, but we need to also cut off all foreign aid, both money and food, to these ingrates that can't appreciate the fact that everything they have is the result of high-value, American productivity.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Better if we did not make the promise and just said that from now on we will pay $ 1 more than the next highest contributor.
    Even better if we keep our money and tell the UN to pound salt.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Juniata County)

Unless I am remembering incorrectly, there are a bunch of other member countries who don't pay their dues at all.......

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Even better if we keep our money and tell the UN to pound salt.
    nice concept. silly but nice. remember that it was us that pretty much set it up and "persuaded" the system on everybody else.

There is nothing wrong with a natural place where countries can talk things out.

Shame on us for letting the UN go crazy and think of its self as a world government but as with most issues, don't blame the spoiled children - blame the parents who alloyed it to happen.

(Lehigh County)

But, but we need the UN, who else is gonna tell our government leaders how to run things and fix our country?

I shudder when I think about how our wonderful president would not have an organization such as this to look to for guidance and advice.

The UN provides a forum for our leaders to discuss ways to control guns, feed the poor, cure the sick, control our borders, prevent/combat terrorism etc... I am honored to pay taxes so that this very organization can reside right here in the US of A.

Better yet.... Fuck them, we should charge them rent and if they don't pay... we take back our land. I volunteer to be primary through the door.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast