Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Default Proof the state doesnt enforce existing gun laws...

and more proof that more laws will not do any good, because the DA's plead everything away.

http://pcs.la.psu.edu/2007AR.pdf

Check out page 85 - VUFA (violation of Uniform Firearms Act) Felony, only 30 percent of people who were arrested and convicted were given a penalty in the standard range... 45% within the mitigated range and the kicker...21% were below even the mitigated range - a departure from the sentencing guidelines!
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

Default Re: Proof the state doesnt enforce existing gun laws...

A lot of VUFA's are victimless crimes, that many people are unaware are illegal. Driving to a buddy's house to show him your new, unloaded pistol, without possessing an LTCF. Giving a pistol to your brother instead of your dad.

If you think about it, none of the UFA statutes punish acts that have identifiable victims. Unlawful transfers, possessing a gun after being 302'd, open carry in Philadelphia without an LTCF. All the stuff that normal people think of as "crimes" are covered elsewhere in the crimes code, not in the UFA. You won't find murder or assault or terroristic threats in the UFA.

I'd have no problem with technical "crimes" being handled leniently. What I'd like to see is the serious victimizers slammed hard, people who rob or assault or threaten, things that we all agree are wrong.