Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Ever wonder what kind of freaks live near you?

Check this out: http://www.familywatchdog.us/

I am mentioning this since I just received an email that a sex offender just moved in down the street from my kids....

Just put your address in the first page and do a search and all registerd offenders within your area will be plotted on a map.

FYI
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Ever wonder what kind of freaks live near you?

I don't think that is a really updated list, I've seen some other sites with a lot more people on it locally...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I don't think that is a really updated list, I've seen some other sites with a lot more people on it locally...
    Please post links... I will pass it on to everyone I know.

I get email notification when these people move into or out of my area from this site.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Somerset County)

I see there is one in our village of 200 population . Glad I don't have children and my wife ccw's .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Please post links... I will pass it on to everyone I know.

I get email notification when these people move into or out of my area from this site.
    http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/

That is the official list that they are required to be on for sex offenders and there are quite a few on that list that don't show up on Watchdog. There are 6 listed on the Megan's Law list that are within 3 - 5 miles of me but that don't show on the map.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Locally a bleeding heart preacher is being very careful to down play the offenders in his church. A friends wife was hauling one back and forth to choir practice as a favor to the preacher without knowing about it. Watching the lists of your area is a very good idea.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

I don't know about anyone else, but a bunch of the ones in my area work at McDonalds. Hmmmm...

-B

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but a bunch of the ones in my area work at McDonalds. Hmmmm...

-B
    Thats not a surprise, the vast majority of large chain fast food restaurants are involved in "work release" programs. Basically they are employing inmates to make your food.

An ex of mine worked at the Burger King in Bethlehem as a manager, something like 75% of the staff were on work release at the time she was there.

(Schuylkill County)

I'm on the fence about these lists. First, the constitution says you cannot be marked as a form of punishment.. yet that's what these lists are. A mark (not physical, granted) that follows you to your grave.

Secondly, if they are not safe to be in your community.. why are they out of jail? You get out when you are cured, or fixed, or whatever they call it.

Lastly, you can be a sex offender for peeing in public or if your kid hates you and lies. The list is flawed in that respect.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Farbmeister View Post
    I'm on the fence about these lists. First, the constitution says you cannot be marked as a form of punishment.. yet that's what these lists are. A mark (not physical, granted) that follows you to your grave.

Secondly, if they are not safe to be in your community.. why are they out of jail? You get out when you are cured, or fixed, or whatever they call it.

Lastly, you can be a sex offender for peeing in public or if your kid hates you and lies. The list is flawed in that respect.
    I definitely agree. I check these sites occasionally, but I always try to read about the actual crime they committed. The majority of these people are definitely creepy but you have to remember that there are many things that can get somebody labeled as a sex offender even though it's treated as if it's a black and white issue.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast