Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default We don't have smart kids? MIT students invent shock absorber - generates electricity

No THIS is using your noodle ... these students saw that shocks on a car are always being compressed by bumps in the road and figured they could generate electricity from it:

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/03.09/shocks.html

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: We don't have smart kids? MIT students invent shock absorber - generates electric

This is one of those "why didn't I think of that" inventions.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: We don't have smart kids? MIT students invent shock absorber - generates electric

If the trucks a-rockin, we're just uh . . . chargin the batteries!
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Northampton County)

Another pebble on Mount Everest.

Every little bit counts or the death of a thousand cuts?

Every little bit does NOT count unless it achieves a goal alone or in aggregate. There IS always cost, however.

Every Dane can spend 24/7 making bubblegum in their homes and using it to plug dikes. At the end of the year they are all starving, people in Africa are dying due to lack of medicine the Danes once sent, the country is invaded, and the dikes still break. And the invaders are not pleased.

(Luzerne County)

Obviously Home schooled

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Well all I can say is that while we beat on the younger generation for being 'sheep' I have to say stories like this make me proud. My son (the shining star of my life) is one of these forward thinking AMAZING kids that not only say "what if" but they also say "how can I make it better" .. THESE are the kids we can count on!

Screw the idiot children, some of us parents killed ourselves to make sure our children added to society and to those parents I say THANK YOU!

(Clarion County)

This younger gen, may not be as physical,but they are so smart,it's frightening.They've learned to work smarter,more efficient,and less,the bastards,I'm still bustin my ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

(Allegheny County)

For the most part, the students at MIT are not kids, they are adults. They are also not the run of the mill young person who can't do arithmetic without a calculator, they are the crème de la crème of the young people.

However, it is a great idea. Ungawa misses the point that if large numbers of vehicles are equipped with this device, vast amounts of energy will be saved but it has to start somewhere.

Ungawa, dikes in Denmark? Didn't know that the Danes were famous dike builders.