Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Where is my country

I"m listening to the news and I hear that Muslin President wants to open talks with the TALBAN in Afghanistan. WTF is wrong with him are we going to surrender to them ? How many American lives have been lost over there. And we're going to talk to them. Am I missing something here did I fall asleep and some how my country became Muslim ?

This would do more to hurt this country then Nam. Other little piss ant countries will be saying hey look two countries beat them we can to. Iran has to be feeling jumpy right about now with this announcement. See we can win a war more American lives lost for what ???

I've killed men I didn't know on behalf of politicians I didn't like. But not to lose my country. I now know how the man without a country felt.

I"M SORRY FOR THE RANT BUT MY GRANDSON AND OTHER SOLDIERS WILL BE TAKEN THE BRUNT OF THIS AS HE"S NOT DEALING FROM A POSITION OF STRENGTH

(Adams County)

Default Re: Where is my country

Yeah, Hillary is the pimp who's working out the "details"... I'm just disgusted.
    USMV M/C

(Centre County)

That asshole obama has been running around offering the olive branch to just about everybody. Love letters to Putin saying he won't build the missle defense shield if they help us keep Iran from developing nukes. (Like that's ever going to happen). He's just rolling over and giving up like the little bitch that he is.

Now he wants to sit down and talk to the Taliban. The same group of assholes that stone women to death. Supposedly he wants to open up talks with the "less extreme" taliban. Like there's a fucking difference.

So what's the compromise? "You guys promise not to try and kill americans and you can stone women to death all you want and keep kids out of school and we'll pretend like its not happening."

Maybe he thinks everything will be all right and his brother Osama will come out of the mountains and proclaim peace.

He cited the recent success of tactics like this in Iraq and how well they worked with dealing with extremists. LIKE IT WAS HIS IDEA! If it weren't for the surge orchestrated by the bush administration he wouldn't be able to pull troops out of Iraq.

Every time he opens his mouth I hate him more an more. Can't wait for 2012.

(Northampton County)

So, how's that whole "let's not talk to the Taliban" strategy workin' for ya? Hmm?

I mean, eh, 8 years? Really? That doesn't seem to be a sign of a failed strategy?

I'm sure that it's given the Taliban ample time to recruit more anti-American sentiment then. For that, our policy has been a great success.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    So, how's that whole "let's not talk to the Taliban" strategy workin' for ya? Hmm?

I mean, eh, 8 years? Really? That doesn't seem to be a sign of a failed strategy?

I'm sure that it's given the Taliban ample time to recruit more anti-American sentiment then. For that, our policy has been a great success.
    If the issue of why the strategy has failed and how it can be improved is not discussed you end up with asinine conclusions such as the newest that we can sit down for open talks with "moderate" Taliban. Then you become the proverbial chicken with its head cut off running instituting "change" wherever you can find a place to stuff it instead of facilitating improvement,which leads to real solutions.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Berks County)

If we had not created the Taliban to fight the Russians during the cold war there would be no Taliban.

Lets put a little bit in perspective here.

We helped create, fund and arm the middle eastern countries to fight Russia. Than when things didn't go our way we put bases on their holy lands. We fought their wars to secure oil for our country and then didn't leave. Now we try and tell them what to do, who they can and cannot fight and how they should power their countries.

The planes were not hijacked and crashed because they don't like our "freedom" and if we would have had our right to self defense while flying, those planes would still be in service today.

While I mourn for everyone who goes to war and does not come home or comes home changed I put the blame where it belongs.

"In war, truth is the first casualty" -Aeschylus

Quote Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
    If we had not created the Taliban to fight the Russians during the cold war there would be no Taliban.

Lets put a little bit in perspective here.

We helped create, fund and arm the middle eastern countries to fight Russia. Than when things didn't go our way we put bases on their holy lands. We fought their wars to secure oil for our country and then didn't leave. Now we try and tell them what to do, who they can and cannot fight and how they should power their countries.

The planes were not hijacked and crashed because they don't like our "freedom" and if we would have had our right to self defense while flying, those planes would still be in service today.

While I mourn for everyone who goes to war and does not come home or comes home changed I put the blame where it belongs.

"In war, truth is the first casualty" -Aeschylus
    While we may have actively funded and supported the mujahideen's fight against the Russians, you're views of Taliban origin are a a little skewed there...we far from created the Taliban or Mujahideen.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

(Berks County)

After the deaths of 13,000 Soviet soldiers and many more wounded, the reformist Soviet regime of Mikhail Gorbachev sought a face-saving exit from this costly mistake. The U.S. decision to continue supplying the mujahideen with weapons even after the Soviet withdrawal, a clear violation of the Geneva Accords under which the withdrawal occurred, did not lead the USSR to delay or reconsider its pullout. It did, however, lay the groundwork for the expansion of power of the most extremist groups of the mujahideen and their allies from the Arab world, including the organization al-Qaeda, which was founded at a mujahideen camp in Afghanistan in 1988. The Soviet withdrawal and the end of the Afghan-Soviet war led not to peace but to new rounds of conflict. See also Islamic Fundamentalism.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_...fghan_war.html

Red highlights are mine.

"The Americans want us to continue fighting but not to win, just to bleed the Russians."- Ismael Khan. Prominent Afghan Commander, who fought against the Russians in Herat.

http://www.alternativeinsight.com/Afghan_War.html

And this was just the easy stuff to find.

Ron Paul had stated time and time again that the CIA had warned of "blow back" that results when you toy with other countries.

http://www.amazon.com/Blacklisted-Hi.../dp/140008105X

If every you doubt the very seriousness of the cold war this is a great read.

All fine and dandy, I agreeing with you...we funded and supplied the Mujahideen, some of that support went those who created Al-Quaeda....but in your first post you claimed we created the Taliban to fight the Russians, which isn't true...the Taliban emerged as a sect of the Mujahideen after the Russian withdrawal...and the Taliban are not the same as Al-Quaeda....

what we can agree on is: US support and funding was given to the same people we are now fighting....is is right, probably not...but if we were all Nostradamus we would have known not to fund the Mujahideen back in the day so as not to allow them to come bite us in the ass.

(Bucks County)

The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان ṭālibān, also anglicised as Taleban; translation: "students") is a Sunni Islamist.

The Taliban implements the "strictest interpretation of Sharia law ever seen in the Muslim world" [10] including the complete ban of education for girls [11] [12] and is widely criticized internationally for its treatment of women.[13].

In February 18, 2009 the president of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari signed a deal with the Taliban to implement Shariah law in some parts of Pakistan banning all the girls from school. [14][15]

While we funded the resistance against the Russia, we hardly created the Taliban unless we are in the Religion creation business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast