Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Thumbs up A new Ruger fan.

HI to all. I just was looking for good quality 22lr revolver and after looking at the new S+W revolvers I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong I love the older ones but the newer ones just don't have that nice tight lock up and that great fit and finish the older ones had. Now I'm not bashing S+W I must have owned 25 over the years and they were all nice guns and I still care a 340 pd every day...love that gun. The old model 63 kit guns were nice. But I was lucky to find a Ruger sp 101 22lr with a 2 1/4 barrel NIB a rear find. After shooting this gun I'll never go back to the newer S+W guns. The Ruger is built like a tank and it's pretty accurate. Now I'm looking for one in 357 mag. to go with it. Yea I now Ruger has made it's sheer of turkeys over the years but the sp 101 is not one of them. Yes it is heavy but who cares I don't carry it anyway. It's not my first ruger I also have a AWC AMPHIBIAN Mk III .22 CAL SUPPRESSED PISTOL too. Any of you guys or gals feel the same??
    Mike

Default Re: A new Ruger fan.

Every Ruger ive owned/shot was built the same way; built like a tank and there to last. I havent had one or shot one that gave me a problem, I love Ruger. Now your post is different because unless im reading this incorrectly your looking for someone to agree with your opinion? Well, people will agree and talk about the sp-101 and people will talk about how you dont like the new Smiths over the older ones. Here's a fellow members review of his previously owned sp-101: http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/26...el-review.html I do not think id be wrong in saying it was one of his favorite pistols. I have a GP-100 with a 4'' barrel and i love it to death. I want to pick one up one of these days but I think i wouldnt ever carry it. So do what you want to with my post/opinion.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

I have several SP101's, GP100's and Redhawks. Love em all. By far my favorite DA revolvers. Smith & Wessons have a better trigger out of the box, but Rugers stand up to lots of shooting and hard use better, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W 10mm View Post
    Every Ruger ive owned/shot was built the same way; built like a tank and there to last. I havent had one or shot one that gave me a problem, I love Ruger. Now your post is different because unless im reading this incorrectly your looking for someone to agree with your opinion? Well, people will agree and talk about the sp-101 and people will talk about how you dont like the new Smiths over the older ones. Here's a fellow members review of his previously owned sp-101: http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/26...el-review.html I do not think id be wrong in saying it was one of his favorite pistols. I have a GP-100 with a 4'' barrel and i love it to death. I want to pick one up one of these days but I think i wouldnt ever carry it. So do what you want to with my post/opinion.
    You would be correct in saying it's one of my favorite pistols... in fact I'd go so far as to say it's my favorite pistol. Trading it off was a very bad move. Now I'm saving for another.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    You would be correct in saying it's one of my favorite pistols... in fact I'd go so far as to say it's my favorite pistol. Trading it off was a very bad move. Now I'm saving for another.
    Yea well watcha gonna do, you got your wifes Rock Island .45 for it so you know it wasnt a total bad move although, your still getting another one...lol

Hey Joe, heres a link to a member on here wanting to sell his sp-101 http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/51...57-2-inch.html

(Somerset County)

Always loved me some Rugers.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Quote Originally Posted by S&W 10mm View Post
    Hey Joe, heres a link to a member on here wanting to sell his sp-101 http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/51...57-2-inch.html
    I saw it. But I want a three inch.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Delaware County)

Love my Ruger. See it but you can just about here it.
    Mike
    Last edited by glocking26; October 17th, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

Got one similar to that one except mine not all bull barrel its design has to straight sides on the side and its shiney/glossy stainless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast