Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default PT night cleaning and CCW question.

I took a p/t job cleaning an office building and attached bank last week. I have intentionally not carried on the job yet. In my employee handbook there is no mention of weapons of any kind. Im thinking if I dont ask my boss and I get noticed I have a better chance of not getting fired than if he said no to cc and I did anyway. I am the only one in a relatively unsecure building and once I disarm the alarm to the bank I even have to unlock the front doors to clean the outside of the door and empty the trash. Of course I re lock the door as soon as I am done but the door that exits into the buildings lobby is open until I am done. Of course the money is locked up tight in the vaults but cracked out criminals might not know that. I took a home defense NRA class once and I remember the county prosecuters office was a guest speaker and specifically told us we can not cc into a bank. I am 6'1"and 220 lbs so its not like Im scared to walk to my car when Im alone and its late......I just dont want to be defenseless if I get stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. Would you carry to the job in this case?Thanks, B

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PT night cleaning and CCW question.

I would. It is not illegal to carry in a bank. If there is no weapons policy in your handbook I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I remember the county prosecuters office was a guest speaker and specifically told us we can not cc into a bank.
    Either your memory is faulty or the prosecutor is full of shit. There is no prohibition on carrying in banks. You should take out some time and read the UFA, and the next time someone particularly a lawyer, tells you something is illegal, you should ask for a citation to the law.

As to the question HELL YES I would carry. Concealed is concealed. Don't talk about it, just do it. Practice and make sure you will stay concealed. I imagine the cleaning requires lots of bending and moving around which would expose some carry methods. I have carried on many jobs that prohibit it. I figured I would just keep things quiet and if the worst happened, well my life is worth more than the job.

Do you get free access to pens and lollipops?

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah.

I would go with don't tell, don't ask. Years back a Pizza Hut pizza delivery guy shot a would be robber. Pizza Hut suspended/canned him for violating policy. But, the deliver guy is still alive and its not like he was earning riches at Pizza Hut

Safety first.

Pizza Delivery Driver Receives Support After Shooting
    KCCI TV ^ | 04/02/2008 | AP

Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 4:00:04 PM by safetysign

A pizza delivery driver who shot an alleged armed robber in Des Moines last week said he's receiving support from the community.

James Spiers III fired multiple shots at a man who allegedly put a gun to his head after Spiers delivered a pizza to an apartment complex.

The suspect, Kenneth Jimmerson, was arrested after he called for help.

Jimmerson, who suffered at least three gunshot wounds, is charged with first-degree robbery. His finance, Melanie Stout, who police believe called in the pizza order, is charged with conspiracy.

Spiers, who works for Pizza Hut, has a valid handgun permit. He was suspended because the company prohibits employees from carrying guns.

Spiers is not expected to be charged in the case. He said he doesn't know his status with the company.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post

Do you get free access to pens and lollipops?
    More so than you could ever imagine.

(Allegheny County)

I've had jobs like that. I read the manuals and if there wasn't anything addressing weapons, I just carried and kept it out of sight/out of mind. I work to support my wife, kids, me, etc. and I'll be damned if I'm going to lose my life over some company "policy". Granted when I worked jobs that required alot of moving, lifting, etc, I normally carried small, SW642, Sig p232 or similar. They seemed to conceal easier and didn't get in the way as much as bigger sidearms would.

(Somerset County)

Yep, don't ask , don't telL.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Dauphin County)

I do. I figure if I ever have to use it, at least I'll still be alive to get fired; or maybe the employer will start to re-think their policies (the latter being quite a doubt-filled long shot).

I took a home defense NRA class once and I remember the county prosecuters office was a guest speaker and specifically told us we can not cc into a bank.
    Your county prosecutor needs to stop stating his opinion/personal agenda under Color Of Law. One of these days, he's going to make that statement and someone is going to "call him out on the carpet" as a result, possibly in a courtroom.

-38SnubFan

(Pike County)

Concealed is concealed, keep what you do to yourself and do what you need to do.

BTW, that is another example of a business being stupid. Most banks require 2 employees to open, but they don't care if a solo cleaner goes in and becomes a target. They probably figure that you have no access to money, so they don't give a crap about you and the stupid criminal who may try something.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    More so than you could ever imagine.
    Dude, hook us up!
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast