Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where to shoot in upper bucks county?

Anyone have any suggestions? I live by Lake Nockamixon, used to go to the state game lands range there until it closed, than I signed up for BCFGA...but that place is just not any fun (usually very crowded).

Any alternatives in this neck of the woods?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Where to shoot in upper bucks county?

Other than Paletown Rod and Gun club(which only accepts members in Feb), the next closest is either Branch Valley on Rt 563 or Ridge and Valley Gun Club in Quakertown/Coopersberg. If you're not talking about joining a club, Target World in Chalfont is still open.

(Bucks County)

wicen range on sugerbottom rd in jamison is a pretty nice range to shoot at. i would guess wicen's is less than an hours drive from your location, go south on 611, left on swamp rd to york rd, make right on york rd and left on sugerbottom.

if you want to shoot indoors classic pistol in south hampton is a great place to shoot with very nice facilities and a good selection of firearms. take 611S to Street rd East, take street rd about 4-5 miles and make a right on gravelhill and then a right at the first stop sign. classic pistol is about 1/8 mile from the stop sign on your left.
    Last edited by wellcraft; March 8th, 2009 at 08:19 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    wicen[s] range on sugerbottom rd in jamison is a pretty nice range to shoot at. i would guess wicen's is less than an hours drive from your location, go south on 611, left on swamp rd to york rd, make right on york rd and left on sugerbottom.

if you want to shoot indoors, classic pistol in south hampton is a great place to shoot with very nice facilities and a good selection of firearms.
    Your advice to go to Wicens is about as sound as your spelling, punctuation and capitalization. Drive 40 minutes to get RAPED by Wicens for $35 for a day of shooting. Great advice. IF you read the post(doubt you did) he asked for UPPER Bucks county.

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Any alternatives in this neck of the woods?
    Last edited by QuakertownRich; March 8th, 2009 at 09:51 AM.

(Bucks County)

Also there's Delaware Valley Fish & Game in Point Pleasant. Over the years I've belonged to Paletown, Branch Valley and Bucks County F&G. This is the most expensive of the 3 other clubs but also the most exclusive (125 members) and the least busy ranges. Has a very active trap range.

Paletown was my favorite, really cheap dues (last time I paid was $15/yr), nice 100 yard and pistol range, ok fishing pond. Ranges were never busy. Really great members meetings with all you can eat food and beer. Only resaon I quit was I moved an half hour away. There has been a couple of incidents where members' guns were stolen when they were down range looking at their targets.

Branch Valley has a nice 100 yard range, but you really had to hike to use it.
    The club has a really active fishing program with a well-stocked trout pond. Also in the winter it was handy to use the indoor pistol range and pool table.

Bucks County is the most well run range. Very active with lots of programs running (CMP, NRA, etc). Always lots of people and you'll bound to find someone with the same common shooting interest.

http://www.delvalfishandgame.com/
    C & R License Holder, Delaware Valley Fish & Game Assoc,
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

(Bucks County)

i've been to wicen shooting range. years ago, when old man wicen was still alive it was great to shoot there. ever since someone shooting a mosin skipped a round off of the berm, and put it through a roof, they re-staffed with real douche bags, gave me a hard time for no good reason. im trying to find a local club to join, so i can avoid sugar bottom road.....

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    Your advice to go to Wicens is about as sound as your spelling, punctuation and capitalization. Drive 40 minutes to get RAPED by Wicens for $35 for a day of shooting. Great advice. IF you read the post(doubt you did) he asked for UPPER Bucks county.
    There is no reason to be such a complete asshole. Come on, bro.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    This type of a response deserves a neg rep but I'm hoping that Rich is having a bad day.
    Really though, there is no need to bash a fellow forum member who is trying to help out another member.
    Rich, I think an apology is in order.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Where to shoot in upper bucks county?

Rich- you can be such an evil monkey from the closet.
    C & R License Holder, Delaware Valley Fish & Game Assoc,
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry H View Post
    This type of a response deserves a neg rep but I'm hoping that Rich is having a bad day.
    Really though, there is no need to bash a fellow forum member who is trying to help out another member.
    Rich, I think an apology is in order.
    If he does apologize I hope its just for tone instead of content because he pretty much hit the nail on its head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast