Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Picked up my renewed LTCF in York County

Picked up my LTCF at the York County Courthouse today and was pleasantly surprised to see three women either picking their permit up or applying for a permit.
    I am very happy to see women getting their permits. One lady I spoke to said she and her husband were both getting permits.
    According to the deputy issuing the permits, he is extremely busy in issuing permits. I think this is a good thing for RKBA in general.

(York County)

Default Re: Picked up my renewed LTCF in York County

My wife & I both have our LTCFs. I have personally printed 7 LTCF applications for other people in the past few months. 5 for York & 2 for Lancaster; of those, 3 of the York & 1 of the Lancaster apps were for women.
    A guy at work asked me if I was forming an all girl militia LOL!
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    A guy at work asked me if I was forming an all girl militia LOL!
    That might be cool, if they look like Charlie's Angels or Angelina Jolie

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

There'll be one more female getting a LTCF in York Co this week when I go in with my fiancee. I'm still amazed she's come around to firearms like she has.

(Clearfield County)

Any idea how many licenses are issued in your county?

When I picked up my renewal in Clearfield County (middle of the state on I-80), assuming the Sheriff sequentially numbers the licenses, it looks like he issued a little over 7,000 the past five years.

According to the 2000 Census, Clearfield County had 32,785 households, so assuming 1/household, that would put us at about 21%. Remember, we cling to our guns and religion out here.

I know, I know, some households have more than 1, but I'm trying to get a general feel of the percent of the population that has licenses.
    "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." G.K. Chesterton

(Dauphin County)

When my wife went to fill out her application for LTCF at the Dauphin County Courthouse, she was surprised to find a woman in her 60s picking up her License.

I chuckled and and started singing, "Granny's got a gun! The little bastards.....are on the run! (to the tune of Aerosmith's, "Janie's got a gun").

My best friend (and fellow Bail Agent) has had her LTCF for a few months now as well, and is looking to purchase a pistol for herself soon (probably the same Taurus as I have - she's shot mine at the range and is quite comfortable with it). For now, I loan her my .38 to carry while we're on duty. (Until the wife gets her LTCF, to which my wife states at least one of my guns stays with her AT ALL TIMES; so my friend better get shopping soon!).

Personally, I see a lot more women carrying (at least CC) than I used to. It's a good thing, both for taking responsibility for their own protection (as compared to expecting a man to do it for them) as well as for supporting our RKBA.

-38SnubFan

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sksmith75 View Post
    Any idea how many licenses are issued in your county?

When I picked up my renewal in Clearfield County (middle of the state on I-80), assuming the Sheriff sequentially numbers the licenses, it looks like he issued a little over 7,000 the past five years.

According to the 2000 Census, Clearfield County had 32,785 households, so assuming 1/household, that would put us at about 21%. Remember, we cling to our guns and religion out here.

I know, I know, some households have more than 1, but I'm trying to get a general feel of the percent of the population that has licenses.
    http://www.pafoa.org/counties/york/statistics

I've heard people say that the deputies are tellling them that the number of LTCFs have GREATLY increased since the election, but the link provided shows up to 2007. The numbers were steady at just under 4,000 per year from 2000 - 2006, with a small spike over 4000 in 03 (wonder if the 04 election comming up had anything to do with that?) then it almost doubled in 07.

(York County)

I've had mine in York County since I moved back here in '86.... (from the Commie State of MD)...

Can someone tell me if (as a new application) they are available 'while you wait at the Sheriff's Office' or you must Drop & Return later? How much later? I have some new folks considering getting their's before it's more difficult....

I think my last renewal was a Drop and Return in 4-weeks with no notification when it was actually available.....

... Stay Safe ...
    ID

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    I've had mine in York County since I moved back here in '86.... (from the Commie State of MD)...

Can someone tell me if (as a new application) they are available 'while you wait at the Sheriff's Office' or you must Drop & Return later? How much later? I have some new folks considering getting their's before it's more difficult....

I think my last renewal was a Drop and Return in 4-weeks with no notification when it was actually available.....

... Stay Safe ...
    ID

Myself, my wife & all of our friends who have gotten them over the past few months have gone in with the forms filled out (printed from the website here http://ycwebserver.york-county.org/s...concealed.html) and it's only been about a 10 minute wait for each of us.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI
    Myself, my wife & all of our friends who have gotten them over the past few months have gone in with the forms filled out (printed from the website here http://ycwebserver.york-county.org/s...concealed.html) and it's only been about a 10 minute wait for each of us.
    Thanks for the info and the link... it made it easy to print 7 apps quickly....

Now, 7 PAFOA Carry Brochures and I'll be ready.....

... Stay Safe ...
    ID

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast