Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Yet again, another fantastic experience at Target Master(sarcasm)

So I went to Target Master this afternoon to rent the Glock 19 so I could try it out since I'm thinking about purchasing one. Last time I was there I was told I can use my own ammo, I just have to pay for the range time and rental. I had 100 rounds of 9mm ammo left from awhile ago and after I asked for the Glock 19 the guy told me with rentals I can't use my own ammo, only with your own gun. After some talking I said fuck it and I'll get a couple boxes of 9mm ammo for the Glock 19.

I went in the range and started shooting my first mag and was wondering why the hell there was soo much recoil and muzzle flip with a 9mm but didn't think anything of it and was just trying to focus on the targets. About 60 or so rounds through, I look down at the slide and it says Glock 23 40 cal. I was so fucking mad that I packed up the targets and went out to the counter to return the 23. The guy didn't realise he made a mistake and he probably picked up the 23 by accident since it was next to the 19 out of the case and they are the same size. They wouldn't give me a refund or exchange for the 19 without paying again because the guy didn't even remember me asking for the 19 but had my box of 100 rounds of 9mm ammo at the counter.

This is about the 4th or 5th bad experience I had at Target Master. If it wasn't for the nice range and the close proximity to my house, I wouldn't go there. Everytime I go everyone seems to have a stick up their ass and is totally miserable for no damn reason. You can't even ask a question without them acting like you're "inconveniencing" them.

On the plus side the price for a new Glock 19 was $329.00 or so. Might be considering it in the near future.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Yet again, another fantastic experience at Target Master(sarcasm)

WOW, just WOW!!

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    WOW, just WOW!!

X2 on the price for a new G19!!!

(Centre County)

no way in hell is that a new Glock.

(Philadelphia County)

yup , targetmaster blows! nothing but bad experinces there. and they do not have any common manners. sitting behind the counter with their chest pushed out and their collar h&k shirts on. might as well have the collar poped too! poor marketing on h&k's part.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fonz View Post
    no way in hell is that a new Glock.
    I was thinking that was a mistake but didn't have time to ask to see the price tag since it was getting packed.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRTHMACHINE View Post
    yup , targetmaster blows! nothing but bad experinces there. and they do not have any common manners. sitting behind the counter with their chest pushed out and their collar h&k shirts on. might as well have the collar poped too! poor marketing on h&k's part.
    They actually have black H&K t-shirts now with Target Master logos on the front. They are pretty nice but only go up to XL.

There is only one cool guy there and his name is Joe, the shorter one with black hair, not the tall lanky one with the goatee, who can sometimes be cool but a douchebag more times than not. And the bald headed guy is always yelling and pissed off about something...I try to avoid him if I can if I have a question. The tall red hair guy with a goatee helped me today and he was okay, seemed nicer than most but pissed me off when he wouldn't give me the G19 instead or a refund.

I would actually goto SPAG if it wasn't such a bitch driving through south philly and they actually had a parking lot but its also further for me to drive.

(Philadelphia County)

spag customer service is much better. the tall burly dude with classes has his days when he is not pleasent. other than that they are great. the do have a parking lot, its down past the shop across ellisworth. there is a person who charges like 5$, i dont know if he really works the lot or not. i paid him to watch my car lol. once you get the turn by turn down its not too bad. after you get done at the range you can go and get a steak at pats or geno's just down the street.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BIRTHMACHINE View Post
    spag customer service is much better. the tall burly dude with classes has his days when he is not pleasent. other than that they are great. the do have a parking lot, its down past the shop across ellisworth. there is a person who charges like 5$, i dont know if he really works the lot or not. i paid him to watch my car lol. once you get the turn by turn down its not too bad. after you get done at the range you can go and get a steak at pats or geno's just down the street.
    I'm seriously thinking about going there. I never shot at SPAG, only went there to check out there prices since I was in the area but it was a Saturday around noon and it took me a good 45 minutes to get from my father-in-laws salvage yard on 61st and Passyunk to SPAG. There was shitload of people by geno's and pat's and way too many cars double parked for the width of those streets.

The problem is I may be moving near Target Master or North Wilmington suburbs to be closer to my job and I really don't want to have to truck into the city everytime I wanna go shoot.

I did however notice TM are nice to their members but who knows if they're nice to all their members. I would hate to waste $200 on a club membership and still be treated like shit everytime I use the range.

(Delaware County)

Just wanted to add that I'm not retarded for not noticing the difference in size of the ammo. I've literally never shot 40 cal before and haven't shot 9mm in over a year, used to shooting 45 cal. I really wasn't even paying attention to the numbers on the golden saber ammo I was using on the box while feeding the mags and didn't even glance down at the slide til I was almost through all of the rounds. I think I was just so excited to be trying out what I thought was the Glock 19 and not paying attention. The only thing that made me second guess what I was shooting was 9mm was all the extra recoil.

Just incase anyone was wondering...

(Chester County)

Target Master has went down hill since Peter and his brother left the place. These guys knew their sh*t and were great to deal with. I used to be a member there many years ago. Back then I don't think I was treated any differently then anyone else who came there.

As to using your own ammo in the rental guns, that was never allowed. Who ever told you this was not right.

I haven't shot at TM for about 3 years now. Last time I went there they had some stupid rule about what ammo you were allowed to shot in their range. As usual I rented a lane with targets and what I needed. Ammo wasn't one of them as I had my own. I went into the lane and put up my first target and began to unpack my range bag. No sooner then I have place 2 boxes of Winchester White box on the table the range officer, some small kid came of to take it away. I looked at him and said "what the F*ck you think you are doing?'. He said that I was not allowed to use this ammo on the range. I asked why and he said policy. I thought WTF is going on now. So I went out to the counter to inquire what was going on. I got the bald guy to talk with, how sweet. He begins to tell me how it is their policy not to allowed the White box ammo to be used. I ask why and he tells me it is their way of fighting back against the cheaper ammo. Then he goes into the rant about how this is their range and they can make what every rules they choose. At that point I said hold that thought for a minute. Walked back into the range and collected everything and returned to the counter. At this point I called him over to me and stated the following to him, 'while this is your range and you can make what ever rules you want, this is my money and I can decide where to spend it. Now I request a full refund, here is your sh*t'. He refunded and I walked out and haven't been back there since.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast