Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Fun Times at North Versailles Wal-Mark

Went to the North Versailles Wal-Mart to see if they had any ammo for my 40S&W or the new 9mm I just ordered. Walked back to the sporting good section and there are two black men standing there i see one of them hand the other a small baggy and the other handed a small roll of cash. They look none to happy to see me and made me a little uneasy even though i had my left hand on my snub in my pocket. The left and I Called for an associate to get my ammo and told them about it. He did not seem all that worried about it. Got one mega pack of UMC 40 for a good price 67 + tax and was on my way. I knew there was a reason i do not like that Wal-Mart
    Last edited by Mr_Anderson; March 7th, 2009 at 09:04 AM.

Default Re: Fun Times at North Versailles Wal-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Anderson View Post
    Went to the North Versailles Wal-Mark to see if they had any ammo for my 40S&W or the new 9mm I just ordered. Walked back to the sporting good section and there are two black men standing there i see one of them hand the other a small baggy and the other handed a small roll of cash. They look none to happy to see me and made me a little uneasy even though i had my left hand on my snub in my pocket. The left and I Called for an associate to get my ammo and told them about it. He did not seem all that worried about it. Got one mega pack of UMC 40 for a good price 67 + tax and was on my way. I knew there was a reason i do not like that Wal-Mark
    Wait....what?

I ran all the fiber, tel, network cable in that store and the employees there were all extremely nice to me...every single one of them. I would have told a manager what you saw rather than letting it go. I guarantee wal-mart doesnt have a rule in their employee handbook that says "let employees sell weed"

If you dont want to talk to the store manager there are numbers you can call for corporate.

(Washington County)

I told the employee that came to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Anderson View Post
    I told the employee that came to help me.
    Ahh, Im sorry, I misunderstood you...just two guys there and they weren't store employees.

Unfortunately short of straight calling the police (who are usually camped out in their parking lot anyway) it's kind of hard to do anything about it.

(Dauphin County)

Wait...what the hell is Wal-Mark?

(Allegheny County)

Many years ago I worked a swing shift and I would get done at 02:30. I would often stop at that wal-mart on my way home. Usually I needed some baby supplies and general little stuff. Now, I'd hope to be relatively alone there at that time, but no, all the wonderful ghetto folk are out in abundance. Normally I'd get approached in the parking lot to "buy" items from peoples vehicles. Couple times I got asked for bus fare. Final straw was when a fellow behind me in line asked for my change. I declined and he decided to follow me to the parking lot declaring "yo man, I said gimmie that money, don't make me come take that *&^#". He had his hand in his pocket and advanced rapidly towards me. He decided further aggression was a bad idea when I responded with my P220. During that time I'd often notice similar transactions as you've described, usually in the parking area or by the entrances. I avoid that place like the plague these days. Not worth the hassel nor exposing my wife and children to such happenings.

(Philadelphia County)

some wallmarts are truly, utterly trashy.

Some other wallmarts are wonderfull.

It really is true, its all about location, location, location.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

I've been to that wal-mart a few times your story doesn't surprise me at all based on the types of people I've seen in there.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

(Lehigh County)

i have a choice between two equidistant wal-marx. the one on MacArthur Road where no one speaks English, or the one on 248 where no one has heard of portion control.

I solve the dilemma by not buying anything there... ever (for the last 6 years!)
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Beaver County)

You witnessed "free trade" and " capitalism" in action.

Two willing participants came to an agreement and completed a transaction without government intervention! Goooooo, freedom!

Ain't Walmart fun?
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast