Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: ANY COLT DEFENDER OWNERS?

Anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket magazines? Currently the only 2 I have came with my Defender, but I'd like to upgrade them with newer models. Any experience with others? If you know of any good ones please let me know, and include the part numbers if you know them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msparkz View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket magazines? Currently the only 2 I have came with my Defender, but I'd like to upgrade them with newer models. Any experience with others? If you know of any good ones please let me know, and include the part numbers if you know them.

Thanks
    Wilson Combat! Works Flawless an simply the best!

Don't bother looking elsewhere.

I see this is a old thread, but for the past year or so I have wanted a 3in 1911 for concealed carry, I HAD a fair colection of Glocks, Sigs, a Ruger, and a couple of Taurus's, problem was like a kid in a toy store, after a lot of swapping, tradeing, I tryed a Kimber Ultra, a Springfield 3 inch, a Sig 3 inch, and last but not least a Para slim hog, all had verying issues, so age and lack of finances took over.............for a while, two weeks ago my gun guy got in to new Defenders, all I can say if you want a 3in 1911, get a Defender or New Agent, you still may have trouble but with the others I can almost garranty you will, 400+ rds down the pipe, Me, my wife, daughter and grandaughter have all shot it, with the only hickup being my wife and her grip she limped it a couple time, till I showed her how to hold it, then 50 rds, no problem

This Defender was purchased in 2006, and will shoot all types of ammo out of the box without messing with it! It's a perfect carry gun for someone that's comfortable with carrying a SA pistol cocked & locked!

BTW, I swapped out the rubber wrap around grips for nice wooden ones!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SingleAction; May 28th, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

(York County)

Extreme Defender, that is a truly beautiful piece. I love the " bobtail " without cutting the frame, inspiring work indeed. I had not seen this thread before, but I am glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleAction View Post
    This Defender was purchased in 2006, and will shoot all types of ammo out of the box without messing with it! It's a perfect carry gun for someone that's comfortable with carrying a SA pistol cocked & locked!

BTW, I swapped out the rubber wrap around grips for nice wooden ones!
    I have a set of wood grips, they look real good, but being that the front of the grip surface is now smooth, (the rubber one had finger grooves) Im afraid that the gun may be a little tough to grip good, my full size 1911s and the commander have a knurled finish there, and the felt recoil is not nearly as heavy.........how does your gun shoot that way???............I just noticed Sullivan county? where is that exactly..... I'm from Binghamton/Endicott area, moved south in the mid 80s, we have more fun with guns down here,
    Last edited by Rocketgeezer; May 28th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

For those who
    may have missed it!

The ultimate Colt Defender!

My baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fGvu...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I have a set of wood grips, they look real good, but being that the front of the grip surface is now smooth, (the rubber one had finger grooves) Im afraid that the gun may be a little tough to grip good, my full size 1911s and the commander have a knurled finish there, and the felt recoil is not nearly as heavy.........how does your gun shoot that way???............I just noticed Sullivan county? where is that exactly..... I'm from Binghamton/Endicott area, moved south in the mid 80s, we have more fun with guns down here,

Hi Rocket!

I have 2 1911's. The Defender and a Gold Cup 5"bbl in stainless. Both came with the wrap around rubber grips, and the Defender had the finger grooves. I have small hands and didn't like the looks or the way they fit my hands!

The front of both guns are smooth after putting coventional wood grips on, and I have no problem shooting either gun!

Part of Sullivan Co is on the NY side of the Delaware River across from Pike Co, PA

Glad you are enjoying the South! We spend the winter months in Florida, and they call it the "Gunshine State" for good reason
    Last edited by SingleAction; May 29th, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

(Lehigh County)

I bought a pre-owned Colt Defender a couple of months ago and took it right to the range. It sucked, full of fail. Brass ejected at my face, FTFs, FTEs...it was awful.

Took it home, stripped and cleaned it, it was horribley filthy. Residue caked on the feed ramp.

Just got back from the range, and flawless performance. Brass ejected properly, no FTFs, no FTEs.

Whew. A clean gun IS a happy gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleAction View Post
    Hi Rocket!

I have 2 1911's. The Defender and a Gold Cup 5"bbl in stainless. Both came with the wrap around rubber grips, and the Defender had the finger grooves. I have small hands and didn't like the looks or the way they fit my hands!

The front of both guns are smooth after putting coventional wood grips on, and I have no problem shooting either gun!

Part of Sullivan Co is on the NY side of the Delaware River across from Pike Co, PA

Glad you are enjoying the South! We spend the winter months in Florida, and they call it the "Gunshine State" for good reason
    Cool, I have the new Defender, a Commander, a full size Springfield Stainless Mil Spec, and a Sig POW, I dont carry the full size, but i do carry the Commander, at least I did till I got the Defender, now that I trust it enough to be my EDC, along with one of the Glocks or XD, my wife and I have carryed two since getting permits,..........I think I'm going to put the wood grips on and try it, cause they makes the gun look a bunch better........after my last post I looked up Sullivan county.. years ago we all used to go to the Catskill Game Farm, last time had to be in the late 70s, dont know if its even still there

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast