Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default No gun registry???? NOT

The ATF site has this little bit of statistics on Pennsylvania...... I thought it was intriguing..

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/trace_da...sylvania07.pdf

And they have no registry program (just the first one).

George

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: No gun registry???? NOT

73 derringers?! haha
    I wonder what the 11 unknowns were

(Philadelphia County)

PA time-to-crime: 9.45 years
    Fuck! We need 10 year waiting periods now! That'll cut down on those heat of the moment crimes!
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

The 11 unknowns were probably guns that could not be identified due to lack (or obliteration) of markings, or possibly age.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    The ATF site has this little bit of statistics on Pennsylvania...... I thought it was intriguing..

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/trace_da...sylvania07.pdf

And they have no registry program (just the first one).

George
    since it appears you dont know how this works, let me explain, ATF gun trace data is collected like this:

weapon found, found at crime, found on criminal, found on arrest, whatever, by local PD or PSP, or LEOs.

Local PD investigates, sends gun info : Make, Model, Serial number to ATF if unable to find local owner, legal owner, or reported stolen/lost data.

ATF starts a trace with requesting info from manufacturer/importer, the MFG/importer says "We shipped that to XXX Guns Distributor".

ATF contacts XXX gun Distributor, and says XXX Gun manufacturer says they shipped this gun to you... where did it go and when?

XXX gun Distributor says "We shipped it to XXX gun Shop on April 5th 200X"

ATF faxes or calls, or drops by an agent who says "XXX Gun Distributor shipped this gun on this date to you, who did you sell it to?"

XXX Gun Shop now has a time limit to respond to the trace request... this is a legal requirement under your FFL license.

XXX Gun Shop says "We sold it to Mr X at XXX Lane, in XXXville"

ATF/Local PD contact the last known purchaser to find the disposition of the firearm...h e sold it, he lost it, whatever.

they generally have no interaction with the PSPs "not a registry because it doesn't have ALL guns Registry" because thats incomplete.

Also, the PSP is generally months behind getting "not a Registry" data updated...when i worked at a gunshop, we regularly had calls from LEOs that stopped someone and thier gun was not in the PSPs "not a registry because it doesn't have ALL guns Registry" due to the backlog.

we'd pretty much have to run thru month by month (unles it was u.nusual and we remembered it) til we found the guys receipt and PSP form and explain "yes, it's his."

so, thats how it works, from an ex gun shop employee... i know I saved some gun owners un-needed hassles by confirming sales info, and even had one cop tell another cop that my seriously grubby looking ass was ok to own my $750 HK USP cuz "i know him, he works at XXX Gunshop and sold me my G27!"

they were gonna hold my USP cuz PSP had no record of sale... YET in thier "not a registry because it doesn't have ALL guns Registry". They assumed that my grubby ass (was doing bdywork on a car and needed more plastic filler) was unable to afford my weapon, and it was stolen.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Lehigh County)

well, that'll teach ya.. dirty bastard.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.