Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Exclamation How about a Membership Drive??

Fellow PAFOA 'ers,

In light of recent tragic events, given that some still call for more ineffective, unconstitutional, and victim disarming anti-gun legislation; I feel we must launch a counter offensive.I really have to stress to younger folks, what a blow to private gun ownership and the second amendment the Clinton AWB was in '94. I heard all my life that there was a conspiracy by pinko's to subvert the American way of life, and that sure seemed like the gateway to fascism opening.

With the sunset of the 94 AWB, we must remain vigilant and pro-active to ensure such a farce is never perpetrated against law abiding gun owners. We are challenged with a legislature that is considering a number of ill considered measures, bills that will only restrict law abiding gun owners, that criminals will scoff at.

It is our duty to command our public servants obey the spirit of our PA State and US constitutions.

Much like the character Tyler Durden from the pop. film Fight Club, I have a homework assignment for us all.

Go to your gun club, your public shooting range, your cousin Ricky's house, your VFW and encourage 3 other people to sign up in the PAFOA forum. I have been told that their are 4 1/4 million gun owners in Pennsylvania. How many do you suppose have internet access, or can readily get it free at a relatives house or a library.

Even if you have to drive them to the library and punch the keys with their finger get em' on here.

Our forum has 2,800 members with only about 1000 active members. That seems awfully low. Let's get a little membership drive goin' which will add credence to our ideal of political action in defense of our rights.

Also I'd like to ask any of those Guests out there lurking, to sign up even if your not from PA, or don't think you have anything relative to add to our discussions. Sign up, chat, post a funny picture but help stand up for the 2nd Amendment. If we won't, who will?

Thanks, and bring a friend.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: How about a Membership Drive??

Agreed. I'm up for this. I've said before that this state has over a half million CCW permits issued. If we could even get half of those people, let alone people who just hunt or go to the range. This organization could easily be over 100,000 strong very soon and close to 1,000,000 strong if we did our part and encouraged gun owners of this state to band together.

Also, one idea I had: could we get laminated PAFOA flyers to post at local ranges, gunshops and rod&gun clubs?

(Westmoreland County)

I have just sent an email with a link to all of my shooting pals. It might be just that simple. I know that I had not heard of this site up until the High Child told me about it two months ago. I have been on this site at least an hour aday since.

It is a great site!
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

I have been trying to drop hints regarding organizing our efforts. Perhaps more members will help bring that to fruition.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Somerset County)

Smile Re: How about a Membership Drive??

Hello,

I have been lurking here for awhile, saw your post and decided to join.

A lot of good information is to be garnered here.

Guy
    We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: How about a Membership Drive??

You won't regret it, this forum has a wealth of info, and is a great place to stay informed on the issues, sell stuff, talk about gun stuff.

It probably helps to have more people signed up, if anti's happen upon the forum, that they take us seriously.

Thanks and welcome.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Allegheny County)

I rarely have anything intelligent to add...but I comment anyways. You would think I would post more often. not so much. Best internet forum ever though.

(Monroe County)

Well, I mentioned this site to someone I work with who hunts and she checked it out--not sure if she joined yet. Also just today to couple in my favorite local gunshop and they seemed pretty receptive as they wrote down the web address. I also went next door to the jewelry shop where my wife was and in just a few minutes of talking to the owner I got to see his under the counter piece--nice one too! And I wrote this site address down on a piece of paper for him. All in all, I think it was a somewhat productive couple of days.

I'm serious about the flyers. Are there any for this place? Anyone who's good at that kind of thing wanna get in touch with Dan about making us one?

(Lancaster County)

Exclamation Re: How about a Membership Drive??

Thanks Chemist308,

I think that's what we basically gotta do here, is open a dialog with others and get the word out about what's going on and ask people to visit PAFOA as well.

I had off today, which unusual because I work as a cook, so generally I'm in the restaurant on weekends. So, I went out to the range at about 2pm and their were a fairly large number of people there. I got to talking with some of the guys, about VT tragedy and the current political climate. I told them about PAFOA, so I hope they'll pop in and check out the site.

I remember the era surrounding the 94 AWB, I remember lot's of people making a mad rush to get out and buy their favorite toy. When I talked to some folks then about applying political pressure, the response was mediocre at best. If gun people won't take a stand against this crap- who will?

Taking a pro-active stance against the liberal anti-gun agenda is war we have to be prepared to wage every day.