Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Wink Re: Minor Rules/Infractions Changes

These rule changes are great. It will keep the boards free of differing opinions, keep new people away for fear of asking yet another stupid question, and make everyone march to the same tune or else. These rule changes were long over due.

I was getting pretty tired of watching someone new get hammered for asking a question that others thought was stupid and then blasted for only have a few post under their belt. Maybe now some the admins will run afoul of these new rules and find themselves on the receiving end of BBS justice.

After all, if you are going to apply the rules, should they not apply equally to all? Or is there some kind of cast system that is being kept secret?

Or was this speaking out of line and now I will get banned?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Minor Rules/Infractions Changes

Quote Originally Posted by jackinblack View Post
    These rule changes are great. It will keep the boards free of differing opinions
    Not at all, it will help such debate flourish because now people can expect a higher level of intelligent debate rather than being called names and insulted for their differing opinion.

If a person can't share their differing opinion without personal attacks, their opinion probably isn't very useful or helpful anyway.

keep new people away for fear of asking yet another stupid question, and make everyone march to the same tune or else
    I once again fail to see how expecting people to treat their fellow members more politely is going to make such situations WORSE.

I was getting pretty tired of watching someone new get hammered for asking a question that others thought was stupid and then blasted for only have a few post under their belt. Maybe now some the admins will run afoul of these new rules and find themselves on the receiving end of BBS justice.

After all, if you are going to apply the rules, should they not apply equally to all? Or is there some kind of cast system that is being kept secret?
    If you think staff members are violating rules, you're more than welcome to report the posts or message me privately with your concerns. I've made this offer before yet strangely my inbox stays void of any legitimate complaints.

That's an interesting strawman argument as I'm not aware of a time where "speaking out of line" has gotten anyone a ban where they didn't fully deserve it by violating the rules and common decency. As previously mentioned though, if you'd like to point out any such case, my inbox is always open.

Either way, welcome to the site, hopefully we can all have a good time. It seems that 99% of people can without any issues, but I look forward to purging the other 1%.
    Last edited by danp; March 4th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    but I look forward to purging the other 1%.

I see someones future as short lived........

I find the Moderation here to be well above many boards that use this BBS system. The errant comment I dont understand aside (Im sure theres something to it Im not party to.) The mods here are nearly transparent and I often forget who they are.

Off the top of my head theres the guy above me, Ummm.......Kaos?, no, hes got a funny sig line, MasterBlaster.....Oops, wrong forum....Umm, Damn.

JAYBELL!!!!!! Got one!!

He sent me an email about a pic I posted of myself as he had some fish and game concerns. He was nice as pie and we even had a laugh over it when things were cleared up.

Moderation as good as I have seen it.

(Luzerne County)

Sounds great! Only problem I see is that it takes ME 2 days to KOOL down! Keep up the good work and a great site.

(Luzerne County)

Good job. It should get the point accross..
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    Only problem I see is that it takes ME 2 days to KOOL down!
    As always, we dictator mods are more than happy to oblige any special requests

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    In my experience one's relationship to the moderators on any site is a mirror just like any relationship. You get the respect you give.

Some people just have issues with boundaries and authority, and I think that character trait naturally runs a little deeper with generally-conservative, individual gun-rights type folks
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

WOO HOO!!!

Now us girls won't have to continue choking through the constant haze of testosterone!

Thanks Dan! Good judgment! Good job!

(Monroe County)

These rule changes are great. It will keep the boards free of differing opinions, keep new people away for fear of asking yet another stupid question, and make everyone march to the same tune or else. These rule changes were long over due.

Anyone wishing to get an idea of what he deems is getting undeservedly hammered can start here and just go through a couple of responses.... I would hate to have anyone new think we have tyrannical mods

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Philadelphia County)

Please do not bring outside drama into this thread, I am not interested in having people go back and forth in a thread designed to minimize such things, regardless of whether or not it is legitimate.

Thank you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast