Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default It was 25 years today, WOW a quarter century!

Well yesterday and today are a VERY special day in the Dalton home. Yesterday was Tootie and mine's 24th wedding anniversary but even more important (to me) is today.

Tootie and I met while I was on the road with TT Quick (80's metal band). I had actually first met her in January 1984 at a house warming party at the house 2 other road crew members shared at the jersey shore. She gave me a ride home (something I never let her live down) to the Metuchan NJ train station .. only to find out the next damn train was 5 hours from when she dropped me off) .. I remember waving my hands and screaming as I saw the tail lights of her moms car at the end of the parking lot.

Anyways, 25 years ago tonight she came to see the band and while she was hanging out with the soundman (my then roommate) she said goodnight. I replied from the stage (while wrapping beer soaked mic wires) "I don't get a goodnight?" .. when she came up on stage I grabbed her and kissed her like no woman I have EVER kissed before (she says I molested here but hell I was smitten).

That began our long journey together, a journey that has seen it's highs and lows but no matter what was thrown at us we fought it as a team. By doing so and making open communication the cornerstone of our marriage our marriage has grown each and every year and still stands strong today, 25 years later.

Every year on this date I give Tootie a "get out of jail free card" ... it's really a joke but I have always said "You think you can handle another year with this asshole" and every year she says she can.

So here's to the woman that "saved my life" 25 years ago, the woman that has stood by my side through thick and thin, the "other half of me" ... next year (our official 25th wedding anniversary) many people we have met here will be getting an invitation to our "renewing of our vows" ... and with that we REALLY hope to have another 25 years of marital bliss.

Here's to you sweety, 25 years with you is no where NEAR enough time! I'll let the guys rip me a new one and say it publicly ... you are my life, my heart, my soul!
    Last edited by dc dalton; March 4th, 2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: It was 25 years today, WOW a quarter century!

Glad to hear you found a KEEPER!!!!!!!!!

Quite the story!!!!!!!

(Wayne County)

Happy anniversary and rep sent for a present. It's all I could get you on such short notice.

It's refreshing to hear another man actually speak favorably of his wife. So thank you! I'm all too often surrounded by men who say things about their wives that I wouldn't say about someone I didn't like, let alone my wife. I usually just say nothing 'cuz I'm grinding my teeth.

I wish you many more.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    next year (our official 25th wedding anniversary) many people we have met here will be getting an invitation to our "renewing of our vows"
    Don't do it!!!
    You don't know what your getting into.!!!
    Your going to have to pay out twice for everything if you do. A honeymoon and a second honeymoon. Two anniversary gifts every year from now on. Another ring. You'll be broke before you know it.

jk

Congrats to both of you.

Congratulations DC and Tootie.

I just checked the Hallmark web site and the 24th year Wedding Anniversary gift is ammunition !

May you have 100 more years together.

IN DOG WE TRUST
    OBEY THE YELLOW LAB

(Dauphin County)

thats great Dalton !!! and you do have a keeper , great lady
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Happy anniversary and rep sent for a present. It's all I could get you on such short notice.

It's refreshing to hear another man actually speak favorably of his wife. So thank you! I'm all too often surrounded by men who say things about their wives that I wouldn't say about someone I didn't like, let alone my wife. I usually just say nothing 'cuz I'm grinding my teeth.

I wish you many more.
    Thank you! I will say once you have met you best friend, your lover, your 'better half' you know CAN'T do any better, I have met "my better half" and when I say my better half I an SERIOUSLY juggling the numbers .. to be honest it's a 80 / 20% when it comes to which one is the 'better half'

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Congratulations DC and Tootie.

I just checked the Hallmark web site and the 24th year Wedding Anniversary gift is ammunition !

May you have 100 more years together.

Damn REALLY?

Guess I have to load up some 40 S & W and some 9mm and damn fast!

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Thank you! I will say once you have met you best friend, your lover, your 'better half' you know CAN'T do any better, I have met "my better half" and when I say my better half I an SERIOUSLY juggling the numbers .. to be honest it's a 80 / 20% when it comes to which one is the 'better half'
    Yeah, that's about right...........

Congrats you 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Yeah, that's about right...........

Congrats you 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks bud, from a friend like you that means a lot! Trust me when I say you are 'on the list' for next years ceremony!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast