Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Robbery in progress

If you were in a restaurant and some one came in pulled a gun to rob it and you were armed.

What would you do?

Just sit there?

Try to stop them?

Other?

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Robbery in progress

One really, really, really can't answer that question until it actually happens to them. As a customer, is one in fear for their life? Is the restaurant employee in fear for his/her life? Can the customer get off a clear shot? The question only raises more questions, to which there is no clear-cut answer until it actually happens.

(Northampton County)

What Statkowski said...

But, in general, I'd try to move me and my family as far away as possible. I have no interest in protecting someone else's cash.

Only if the violence looked like it was coming toward me or my family would I decide to intervene.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Jefferson County)

There are too many factors to say one way or another - which makes these type of threads ludicrous.

While there are legal options you can take, doing so may escalate the matter creating a more dangerous situation than it already is or may have never gotten to be. ...Making any action on your part nearly criminal.

If the badguy appears to only want to take the money - let him. If he's on the verge of using deadly force, thats another story. But unlike TV shows and movies, most thugs will grab and run before doing anything overly violent.

(Allegheny County)

Robbery in progress...

I thought this was going to be another thread about a 401k...

(Somerset County)

Finish my meal unless he bothered me too much.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Lackawanna County)

Sit tight and become a most observant witness.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Lebanon County)

Cool Re: Robbery in progress

I can relate to this situation first hand...
    I was 23, part owner in a pizza delivery store in MD. It was 45 min before closing time 23:15. I had one order in the oven for the final delivery of the day, only a block from the store anyway. In walks this woman (I use that term VERY lightly) she comes and while my driver was still waiting for the pizza for his delivery. She orders a pizza and leaves, my driver walks up and says " something doesn't feel right about her". She's gone and his delivery is up the street 2min tops. He'd be back before she was...Well, he left with the pizza and no more than 30 seconds after he left the lot she comes back in hand under her shirt stating " I want $80.00" I looked up and saw that she hand what I thought could have been a Beretta .25, from the impression it made under her shirt, I never did see a gun. Anyway, she walks around the counter to me at the register and again says she only wants 80 bucks. I knew I screwed up leaving the days reciepts in the drawer. I opened the drawer and said "you sure you only want 80 bucks?" she says just give me the 20's. All the while I am standing inches away from my gun, which she could not possibly see. She told me to get down on my knees and cover my head, I tod her NO I WILL NOT DO THAT, Then she told me to just turn around, with that she walked out got in the car and left. At no time did I feel that my life was in danger, I felt FINE at the time almost in control. I never did reach for that gun (Ruger P85)..
    When the police got there I told them what happened , they asked why I didn't grab the gun, I told them I didn't really have a fear for my life.Most the cops knew me there, COPS+pizza store +free food= no tickets!! Worked!

You never know how you will react until the time comes, but YOU MUST BE PREPARED to kill so that skill takes over. You just go into automatic mode if you are properly trained and keep that training fresh! Once, a shot caused me to whip around hand on gun ready to return fire..Without thinking! Some yahoo was screwing around with a .22 while my son and I were fishing. He got a thrashing for that! Never even bothered to check where his bullet was going before he fired, had he walked to the edge he would have seen us fishing.. My son was small but my head was just about at the top!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Just sit and watch and see if it becomes anything more than a robbery. But I'd have my hand on the grip ready to draw, strong side facing away from the BG's so they can't see.

Some robberies do turn into a BG shooting at people or they make people go in the back and kill them. Think of the Starbucks triple murder in DC, and the mass murder of 7 employees in the place that was closing up for the night in Palatine ILL . I know both cases were employees only, but lets say I was at a small place and it's only a few other people dining and the BG makes everyone go in the back. Not sure how I'd be with that, but it would make me very nervous.

Also in addition to the OP's question, what about if they go around demanding everyone hand money and jewelry over? Also there was this bank robbery where the guy made everyone strip to their undies, then he took hostages with him out of the bank. I would certainly not be doing that while armed, I'd have to shoot him before he realized why I wouldn't strip, cuz he ain't getting my gun.
    LOL, I am a woman...

I'd pee my pants, squeal like a schoolgirl and call 911. Thats the PC response isn't it?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast