Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default AWB and corresponding gun prices.

Im sure some people here have considered stocking up on certain firearms that will most likely be targeted by the obama administration. With the current rise in prices and lack of supply, does anyone have any speculation on where the price ceiling will end up?

Say for example a WASR-10 that was going for $350-$450 in september 08, now going for $500-$600 in march 09... How much do you think said rifle will go for if there is a ban reinstated?

Also if anyone has any firsthand knowledge of price increases in 1994, I'd be interested in hearing them.

(Centre County)

Default Re: AWB and corresponding gun prices.

Prices are hard to predict. When something gets banned, then it becomes a sellers market and they can sell it for whatever they want and if someone wants it bad enough they will pay that amount. Many times when that happens (a ban) people just see dollar signs and many get greedy. Prices go by what the market can handle. I wouldn't want to try to say what they may go for if banned, it's just too speculative.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Venango County)

What makes you think that the ban would not have a provision against all transfers? That's even assuming a grandfather clause would be built-in.

I know this does not answer your question but I think a lot of people are making incorrect assumptions. We should not accept any ban, period.

This just may be a turn-in type of ban.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    What makes you think that the ban would not have a provision against all transfers? That's even assuming a grandfather clause would be built-in.

I know this does not answer your question but I think a lot of people are making incorrect assumptions. We should not accept any ban, period.

This just may be a turn-in type of ban.
    I assumed that it went without saying that I am COMPLETELY against any sort of ban.

This post wasn't meant to spark the AWB debate... there are atleast 20 threads on that... This was to speculate on how incredibly outrageous we could see prices spike in the future.

(Monroe County)

Over 9,000!
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Philadelphia County)

It seems that questions like this pop up all the time on gun boards..

it basically reads like this..

"Hey guys, new here,

with the impending AWB, what cheap rifles can I buy that will allow me to retire early in a year or two?

k thx bye!"
    If you have money to invest, then talk to a serious financial adviser you can trust, and put your money there.

If you wanted to make some serious coin off your rifle purchases, you are about 5 years too late.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Washington County)

I know that lots of shops had prices go up about $100 on the mere mention of a new AWB. Overnight.

1/2 is probably them cashing in on new demand, 1/2 is probably caused by the supply on their end tightening up.

Everyone is out to make a buck on this while they can, cant much blame them either.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Over 9,000!
    Over 9000?!?

Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by DB123456 View Post
    I assumed that it went without saying that I am COMPLETELY against any sort of ban.

This post wasn't meant to spark the AWB debate... there are atleast 20 threads on that... This was to speculate on how incredibly outrageous we could see prices spike in the future.
    I am not trying to debate the issue on AWB but am perplexed at the speculation and panic buying going on when the ban may affect the very rifle or pistol you just purchased.

Consider it a warning, if you will. A cautionary note.

Of course, I should just allow it to happen because then there will be more people resistant to turning-in the just purchased 'investment'.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch