Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Blokus

(Lebanon County)

Default Blokus

Just wanted to say...we got this game for the family to play and it's a KEEPER! Our 5 year old (will be 6 on Saturday) can even play it but at the same time it's strategic enough that my husband and I like it. (you know it's not like trying to pretend you just love playing candyland or something) Great game for a variety of ages. For 2-4 players. Awesome game all around. (We recently picked up rummikub too but that's WAAAY over poor Isabella's head. We can play it with the 2 nine year olds though. )

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Blokus

Wait, wait, wait... Who's pretending when they play CandyLand??

(Lebanon County)

Well I mean hey, if that's your thing. We don't even have it anymore but when the 1 year old turns of age I am sure we'll have to buy another one. *sigh*

For now the others enjoy Uno, Blokus, rummikub, and electronic battleship. I think we can teach the older two scrabble but we just haven't gotten it out yet. I don't WANT to teach them monopoly. I love the game but I think they will love it more and then they'll want to play it to death so.... you know... maybe when they're a little older. It's nice to play games with them that aren't video games though. Real quality time with them. I know, probably sounds a little sappy but I believe in that sort of closeness with my kids. Just my thing. *shrugs*

ETA: My son and his friend up the street have really gotten into some intense chess games. I know we have a chess set upstairs so I guess I'll have to get that out. We'll have some fun with that I am sure.

Blokus is a great game! Our sons love it. Introduce your kids to Yahtzee too. It is a great game for math - adding, eventually multiplication, and probability.

(Lebanon County)

Oh yeah we have Yahtzee. My son loves it. We haven't played that one in awhile though. There is a game played with the die that I taught him called farkel too. He got Trouble for Christmas which is nice to have around because Isabella can play that one.