Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Car dealership

(Luzerne County)

Default Car dealership

Any one work in a Chevy dealership? I have been trying to get some info at the local dealer with out success.

I recently bought a 2005 tahoe. It came without the center console. I have since picked up a console. I am trying to find out if the console can be hooked up. Is there a harness I need to buy or is the harness there but hiden in the dash.

Before some one says that the cars are all wired for the items installed in the car. I picked up a drivers mirror that has the compass and the outside temp. built into it. The wiring is already there for the temp sensor. The mirror that came installed did not have the compass or temp.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Default Re: Car dealership

Wish I could help, F/L/M. here.

(Bucks County)

Use your Google fu nad look for Chevy Owners forums. I recently bought a Saturn and had an issue. Saturn forum had the issue resolved in about ten minutes. Good Luck.

(Allegheny County)

Most vehicles should be engineered to accept all options. This is a consequence of the lessons learned from the Toyota Production System (TPS) and modular engineering. GM should've learned this lesson with the last generation CTS. They built all their CTSs without really considering the suspension needs of the V model. Now, the most recent CTS, is built to accept the highest end components - even if being built as a regular/base CTS. Kinda like the way the G8s are setup for the FE3 suspension, though most non-GXP models are built with the FE2 parts.

I second the recommendation to hit the GM forums. Those guys know their stuff. And if you come across an OTR CAI for the LS2/L76 or some p265/35ZR19 Potenzas, let me know!

(Lycoming County)

i did the same to a 99 dakota, and it did have the wires under the carpet between the seats.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for the advice guys.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.