Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Traffic Stop

(Butler County)

Default Traffic Stop

Question? If i am involved in a traffic stop or DUI check point, when they run my plates does my LTCF show on their queiry.. ty.. gg

Default Re: Traffic Stop

Quote Originally Posted by ggig View Post
    Question? If i am involved in a traffic stop or DUI check point, when they run my plates does my LTCF show on their queiry.. ty.. gg
    From what has been stated by LEOs on here before...no. They have to run a separate check for the LTCF.

In some states, apparently the answer is yes. But not in PA.

(Butler County)

ty. hired goon.. think i will do a google and see what states get that info.

Quote Originally Posted by ggig View Post
    ty. hired goon.. think i will do a google and see what states get that info.
    OK...I think Ohio might be one if I recall.

(Franklin County)

Just to clarify:

Hired Goon does not mean that Ohio will automatically be aware of your Pa. LTCF, just that some states connect their own firearms licenses to a motor vehicles database, or have all of that info in the same database together.

As HG noted, there is no 'automatic notification' tied to your registration, etc., but a separate, specific query can be done if the officer wishes. However, I would guess that any other state would have no ability to independently access this information even if they wanted to.

But, if you either voluntarily present your LTCF or encounter a situation where you are required to do so while out of state, there *should be* a phone number on the LTCF so that out of state LEOs to verify it's validity (some counties aren't using the current form which includes this info).
    Last edited by gnbrotz; March 2nd, 2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Just to clarify:

Hired Goon does not mean that Ohio will automatically be aware of your Pa. LTCF, just that some states connect their own firearms licenses to a motor vehicles database, or have all of that info in the same database together.

As HG noted, there is no 'automatic notification' tied to your registration, etc., but a separate, specific query can be done if the officer wishes. However, I would guess that any other state would have no ability to independently access this information even if they wanted to.

However, if you either voluntarily present your LTCF or encounter a situation where you are required to do so while out of state, there *should be* a phone number on the LTCF so that out of state LEOs to verify it's validity (some counties aren't using the current form which includes this info).
    That is correct, my York Co. LTCF has no # on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Just to clarify:

But, if you either voluntarily present your LTCF or encounter a situation where you are required to do so while out of state, there *should be* a phone number on the LTCF so that out of state LEOs to verify it's validity (some counties aren't using the current form which includes this info).
    Greg, thnx for the clarification. I can see how what I wrote might be taken the wrong way...which I didn't realize when I wrote it I'm slippin'!

I owe you rep for several posts now, but the rep gremlin won't let me...even though I have been spreading it around...gotta spread some more I guess
    Last edited by HiredGoon; March 2nd, 2009 at 08:59 PM.