Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Scrap Missile shield ?? what won't this Ohat do to sell us out ??

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Scrap Missile shield ?? WTF won't this Ohat do to sell us out ??

I don't see this as a bad thing at all. The US is NOT the world police!. We should not even be considering putting in this shield in Europe, if we want to protect the US then we should put it on our shores, Europe can handle their own defense.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Mercer County)

The clown said in 2007 that he was against missle defense.

We were warned.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I don't see this as a bad thing at all. The US is NOT the world police!. We should not even be considering putting in this shield in Europe, if we want to protect the US then we should put it on our shores, Europe can handle their own defense.
    ^^^^what he said...
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
    ^^^^what he said...
    Yup, no complaints from me.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Especially considering the thing doesn't work against any serious attack, let's put the money to better use - like cutting spending and reducing the deficit.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    We're including Europe in the coverage so that we can use European bases to provide much better protection for ourselves. The Europeans are on the front line. If we take away their coverage they won't host missile defense outposts that we can use to give an early heads up to an attack on the US.

(Luzerne County)

I am sure no "shield supporters" would have a problem if Russia installed a missile shield in say...Cuba?

Or would that somehow be different?

Bout time we quit patrolling the world, especially since we can't afford to patrol the Rio Grande.
    Last edited by CarolinaGuy; March 3rd, 2009 at 12:57 AM.

(Delaware County)

I fear this is just the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGuy View Post
    I am sure no "shield supporters" would have a problem if Russia installed a missile shield in say...Cuba?

Or would that somehow be different?

Bout time we quit patrolling the world, especially since we can't afford to patrol the Rio Grande.
    Are we a threat to launch a missile targeting Cuba?

It is not Russia that is the threat, rather the rogue regimes in the vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    We're including Europe in the coverage so that we can use European bases to provide much better protection for ourselves. The Europeans are on the front line. If we take away their coverage they won't host missile defense outposts that we can use to give an early heads up to an attack on the US.
    Exactly. We all talk about being prepared to defend ourselves and our families, yet the federal government is responsible for the common defense, yet some of us claim it is not the proper thing to do...
    Last edited by 5711-Marine; March 3rd, 2009 at 07:54 AM.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Bucks County)

I have no problem with scrapping the missile shield. We all talk about cutting spending, and here is a chance to do so.

Honestly, we are wasting money on a security threat that is minimal, a barrage of intercontinental WMD missiles being launched at us. Would rather see the defense dollars used elsewhere or not at all.

I am as big a fan of getting out of the world police business as I am reigning in bloated social programs.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast