Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Benelli Nova

(York County)

Thumbs up Benelli Nova

I bought a Benelli Nova today 12 ga 28" really liked the look and feel of the gun. Been looking at lot's of O/U's but after selling my 870 many many years ago decided I wanted another pump. I'd like to hear from those that own or owned this model and what you think either good or bad that's OK. I also considered the Super Nova but really wanted to save the extra $. So let's hear your opinions. Thanks everyone.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Benelli Nova

I bought the camo version. Good gun. Very durable and reliable. Great gun for duck hunting around salt water because the finish is so rust resistant. It can shoot 3.5 magnums, so you can hunt any sized bird at long distances. The only drawback is the long cycle of the action. Although I didn't use mine as much as most hunters, I never had a problem. Sold it to a friend that will use it more.

P.S. If you want to have some "fun", shoot some 3.5 inch magnum buckshot through it.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I have two Benelli Novas, a 24 inch and a 26 inch, both camo. My son and I use them for small game, turkey, waterfowl, and an occasional predator hunt. They are excellent shotguns, reliable and durable. They've been out all day in soaking rain, snow, etc. and have held up just fine (no rust). My son's was used as a canoe paddle once. They are the Glock of pump shotguns.

(Lawrence County)

bought my nova 4 years ago, not a prob with it yet. shot 6 rounds of trap with it 1 nite next shot it at the turkey shoots, then that saturday shot 150 rounds on a dove hunt all with out cleaning it at all during that time. not so much as a hickup during it all. real good gun , [by the way shot a cpl #4buck 3.5 inchers out of it can and will cross your eyes]

(Lebanon County)

Benelli Nova w/ 28" barrel; matte & synthetic; pre "comfort tech" stock; runs like a champ--reliable, easy to use, eats anything you feed it; 'field' ready finish (ie: not high gloss blued & wood so I'm not afraid to take it out and use it); only quam...recoil pad is hard like rock--heavy 3" & 3.5" turkey and waterfowl loads make me go OUCH!!!; invest $20 and get a Limbsaver slip-on recoil pad (medium size) from WalMart--remove Benelli stock pad (wrestle it out of the buttstock) and place the Limbsaver pad in its place or...

if ya got money to burn--buy the heavy liquid recoil absorbing assembly that goes into the buttstock ($60) and the mounting adapter to fit it ($45)

(Dauphin County)

I love my NOVA i also got the 28in version and use it to hunt deer in DE, I have had it for over 6 years or so and hasnt ever failed me. Took a 8 pointer with it 2 years ago from about 75 yards with a 3in magnum sabot.