Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bikers brawl at tattoo convention (Philly)

Bikers brawl at tattoo convention

By Cynthia Burton
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Rival motorcycle gangs brawled at a tattoo convention held at the Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel yesterday, with eight members of the groups injured.

About 40 police swarmed the hotel at 17th and Race Streets after fisticuffs broke out around 3 p.m. between the Pagans and the Outlaws, according to Chief Inspector Joseph Sullivan.

Police made several arrests in connection with the fight, which spilled from the hotel lobby into the street, and charges were pending. No one was seriously hurt.

"What happened is what ordinarily happens when two gangs get together - violence broke out," Sullivan said.

One of the combatants had a firearm with a legal permit, and both the gun and permit were confiscated, Sullivan said.

Eyewitness Bob Thiede, 37, of Westville, said the fight was between a man with skinhead tattooed on his back and several others wearing Pagan T-shirts.

"They hit the skinhead with a broomstick," said Thiede, who was accompanied by girlfriend "Miss Angie," who declined to give her last name.

Thiede said the man "had broomstick marks all over him."

Troy Timpel, who ran the convention and owns Tattooed Kingpin in Society Hill, noted that the violence did not occur in the convention area on the hotel's second and third floors. About 175 exhibitors and 8,000 attendees came to the Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention over its three-day run, which ended yesterday.

"They had nothing to do with us," Timpel said. "Motorcycle-club enthusiasts come every year, and we've never had any problems with anyone. This year, there was a minor incident."

Timpel said the convention began nine years ago and hosts tattoo artists from countries around the world, including Germany, Japan, England, Italy, and Finland.

Default Re: Bikers brawl at tattoo convention (Philly)

I wonder why his LTCF and personal property were siezed?

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    I wonder why his LTCF and personal property were siezed?
    That's a good question. Unless it was posted saying no weapons or firearms allowed? Or he pulled it out during the maylay? Is the only two things I can think of. I'd be curious to know if he gets it back. Philly does like to make up their own laws.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    That's a good question. Unless it was posted saying no weapons or firearms allowed? Or he pulled it out during the maylay? Is the only two things I can think of. I'd be curious to know if he gets it back. Philly does like to make up their own laws.
    Because he was a combatant and possibly arrested and charged?

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    Bikers brawl at tattoo convention

By Cynthia Burton
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Rival motorcycle gangs brawled at a tattoo convention held at the Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel yesterday, with eight members of the groups injured.

About 40 police swarmed the hotel at 17th and Race Streets after fisticuffs broke out around 3 p.m. between the Pagans and the Outlaws, according to Chief Inspector Joseph Sullivan.

Police made several arrests in connection with the fight, which spilled from the hotel lobby into the street, and charges were pending. No one was seriously hurt.

"What happened is what ordinarily happens when two gangs get together - violence broke out," Sullivan said.

One of the combatants had a firearm with a legal permit, and both the gun and permit were confiscated, Sullivan said.

Eyewitness Bob Thiede, 37, of Westville, said the fight was between a man with skinhead tattooed on his back and several others wearing Pagan T-shirts.

"They hit the skinhead with a broomstick," said Thiede, who was accompanied by girlfriend "Miss Angie," who declined to give her last name.

Thiede said the man "had broomstick marks all over him."

Troy Timpel, who ran the convention and owns Tattooed Kingpin in Society Hill, noted that the violence did not occur in the convention area on the hotel's second and third floors. About 175 exhibitors and 8,000 attendees came to the Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention over its three-day run, which ended yesterday.

"They had nothing to do with us," Timpel said. "Motorcycle-club enthusiasts come every year, and we've never had any problems with anyone. This year, there was a minor incident."

Timpel said the convention began nine years ago and hosts tattoo artists from countries around the world, including Germany, Japan, England, Italy, and Finland.
    Sounds like one skinhead against a few pagans. The question is, If it was a lone skinhead who was the one with a LTCF and a pistol would he be justified in using it against an overwhelming force?

Of course justified or not he would still be arrested and have his gun confiscated.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Because he was a combatant and possibly arrested and charged?
    BINGO, well that and it's SOP for the Phila. PD when bikers are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Sounds like one skinhead against a few pagans. The question is, If it was a lone skinhead who was the one with a LTCF and a pistol would he be justified in using it against an overwhelming force?

Of course justified or not he would still be arrested and have his gun confiscated.
    I was there, all I am at liberty to say is; his head may have said skinhead, but he was not, nor was he alone. It goes a lot deeper than the surface report, deep in to a world most of you don't understand, a very serious world nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    It goes a lot deeper than the surface report, deep in to a world most of you don't understand, a very serious world nonetheless.
    Two groups of 1%er scumbags go at it. Not that difficult to understand: Crips vs. Bloods, Jets vs. Sharks, Pagans v. Warlocks v. Outlaws v. Angels v. Bandidos . No mystery.

I posted because of the seizure of firearm, but more importantly seizure of the LTCF. I don't remember any provision of the UFA that allows any police agency to simply seize a license. Am I wrong here, or did the philly police just steal this guy's license?

Two groups of 1%er scumbags go at it. Not that difficult to understand: Crips vs. Bloods, Jets vs. Sharks, Pagans v. Warlocks v. Outlaws v. Angels v. Bandidos . No mystery.

I posted because of the seizure of firearm, but more importantly seizure of the LTCF. I don't remember any provision of the UFA that allows any police agency to simply seize a license. Am I wrong here, or did the philly police just steal this guy's license?
    Filthy doesn't have a Sheriff, if it was a Philly LTCF, they can take it.

(Cambria County)

If he was a combatant and is being investigated/charged, they confiscate the gun and LTCF.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Filthy doesn't have a Sheriff, if it was a Philly LTCF, they can take it.
    I just looked it up.
    (i) Revocation.-A license to carry firearms may be revoked by the issuing authority for good cause. A license to carry firearms shall be revoked by the issuing authority for any reason
    stated in subsection (e)(1) which occurs during the term of the permit. Notice of revocation shall be in writing and shall state the specific reason for revocation. Notice shall be sent by certified mail, and, at that time, a copy shall be forwarded to the commissioner. An individual whose license is revoked shall surrender the license to the issuing authority within five days of receipt of the notice. An individual whose license is revoked may appeal to the court of common pleas for the judicial district in which the individual resides. An individual who vio lates this section commits a summary offense.
    Seems like they stole it. Gotta love the Philly P.D. - continually making up the law as they like it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast