Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Should the HB-760 sponsors be impeached (or at least censured)?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I have written to a House representative about this or will soon.

15 75.00%
  • Yes, but I might not write to any House representatives.

5 25.00%
  • No.

0 0%
  • Other. (Please make a post detailing your position.)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Impeach HB-760 sponsors for treason!

I propose that we contact our pro-gun Representatives, and ask them to impeach the co-sponsors of HB-760 for attempting to subvert the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. HB-760 requires that all firearms shall be registered and that:
    The owner's registration certificate ... shall be carried simultaneously with the firearm and shall be exhibited to any police officer upon demand for inspection.
    Hmm, can anyone guess what part of the Constitution this bill attempts to subvert? How about Article 1, Section 21:
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
    HB-760 would allow police officers to question the right of the citizens to bear arms, in direct contradiction to the Constitution! The sponsors of HB-760 have shown contempt for the Constitution, for the rule of law, and for their oaths of office to "support, obey and defend ... the Constitution of this Commonwealth". They deserve to be rebuked in the strongest way possible and to be expelled from the General Assembly.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Impeach HB-760 sponsors for treason!

Is there a petition yet to have them impeached and/or tried for treason??

The one and only gun law that I think is a good idea is the Insta-Check system.. A quick background check to purchase a gun really doesn't hurt, except maybe the small fee for it. The rest of the laws should be struck from the books.

(Allegheny County)

Can anyone get a petition going??

(Allegheny County)

How's this for the text of the petition?:

A Petition Calling For the Sponsors of HB-760 To Be Impeached For Attempting to Subvert the Constitution

WHEREAS, Pennsylvania House Bill 760 requires that all firearms shall be registered and that "the owner's registration certificate ... shall be carried simultaneously with the firearm and shall be exhibited to any police officer upon demand for inspection"; and

WHEREAS, the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania guarantees that "the right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned" (article 1, section 21); and

WHEREAS, House Bill 760 would allow police officers to question the right of the citizens to bear arms, in direct contradiction to the Constitution;

NOW, THEREFORE, we the undersigned hereby humbly petition the Pennsylvania Legislature to impeach and convict the co-sponsors of HB-760 for attempting to subvert the rights guaranteed by the Constitution and for violating their oaths of office to "support, obey and defend ... the Constitution of this Commonwealth".
    I've never done a petition before, so if anybody knows how to get one started and have a good chance of being successful (or at least making an impact), please post here.

Edit on April 18: Added a title to the petition text.
    Last edited by awkx; April 18th, 2007 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Added a title to the petition text.

(Allegheny County)

I'll sign it! Let's get the bas"tards"!!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Cumberland County)

While I fully support this action. Yall have to remember the Constitutions give you 0 rights. Rights come from God and no human can take them away!!!

(Beaver County)

Reads good to me, I'll sign.

(Allegheny County)

OK folks, I don't know how to do a successful petition, so for the time being, I'm just going to email a letter one of the prominent pro-gun Representatives. (The Representative for my district is rabidly anti-gun.) If the Representative for your district is pro-gun, I would encourage you to send him/her a note suggesting that the HB-760 sponsors be impeached or at least censured.

Hopefully someone can take this thing to the next level better than I can. The anti-gun legislators need to get the message that they can't trample over the rights protected by the Constitution.

Anyhow, my email is as follows:
    Dear Representative ________________,

I am writing to suggest that the co-sponsors of HB 760 be impeached (or at least censured) for attempting to subvert the Constitution.

HB 760 requires that all firearms shall be registered and that "the owner's registration certificate ... shall be carried simultaneously with the firearm and shall be exhibited to any police officer upon demand for inspection".

In short, HB 760 would allow police officers to question the right of the citizens to bear arms, in direct contradiction to the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which guarantees that "the right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned" (article 1, section 21).

The sponsors of HB 760 have attempted to subvert the rights guaranteed by the Constitution and have violated their oaths of office to "support, obey and defend ... the Constitution of this Commonwealth". They deserve to be impeached for their egregious misconduct and to be expelled from the General Assembly.

Sincerely,

And here's a list of pro-gun Representatives: Matthew Baker, Stephen Barrar, Bob Bastian, Bob Belfanti, Kerry Benninghoff, Karen Beyer, Scott Boyd, Ray Bunt, Tom Caltagirone, Steven Cappelli, Jim Casorio, Martin Causer, Paul Clymer, Tom Creighton, Tony DeLuca, Gordon Denlinger, Bill DeWeese, Brian Ellis, Garth Everett, Russ Fairchild, Richard Geist, Marc Gergely, Mike Hanna, Dick Hess, Scott Hutchinson, Howard James, Nick Kotik, Fred McIlhattan, Daryl Metcalfe, Mark Mustio, Steven Nickol, Joseph Petrarca, Merle Phillips, Jeff Pyle, Kathy Rapp, Dave Reed, Sam Rohrer, John Siptroth, Sam Smith, Richard Stevenson, Mike Turzai, Tom Yewcic. (Source: RKBA Press Conference Flyer)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    While I fully support this action. Yall have to remember the Constitutions give you 0 rights. Rights come from God and no human can take them away!!!
    Thank you cas! In my experience, very few people realize this, and it's good to see others recognize it. We, as human beings, have rights which are inalienable. Those rights are not granted to us by the Constitution, but rather protected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by awkx View Post
    How's this for the text of the petition?:

A Petition Calling For the Sponsors of HB-760 To Be Impeached For Attempting to Subvert the Constitution

WHEREAS, Pennsylvania House Bill 760 requires that all firearms shall be registered and that "the owner's registration certificate ... shall be carried simultaneously with the firearm and shall be exhibited to any police officer upon demand for inspection"; and

WHEREAS, the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania guarantees that "the right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned" (article 1, section 21); and

WHEREAS, House Bill 760 would allow police officers to question the right of the citizens to bear arms, in direct contradiction to the Constitution;

NOW, THEREFORE, we the undersigned hereby humbly petition the Pennsylvania Legislature to impeach and convict the co-sponsors of HB-760 for attempting to subvert the rights guaranteed by the Constitution and for violating their oaths of office to "support, obey and defend ... the Constitution of this Commonwealth".
    I've never done a petition before, so if anybody knows how to get one started and have a good chance of being successful (or at least making an impact), please post here.

Edit on April 18: Added a title to the petition text.
    FYI, I like the wording of your petition better than the letter; just my opinion. I have two comments, however realize these are just my opinion, take them for what their worth (which may not be much ):

1. There's more anti-gun legislation than HB760 being proposed; see some of the other threads on this site. I would reword the petition to include all proposed anti-gun legislation.

2. I would also add to your last paragraph "..., UNLESS this and all other proposed legislation which subverts the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is removed from consideration without further delay." This gives the sponsors a clearly defined "out".

Hope it helps, good luck!
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; April 18th, 2007 at 10:25 AM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lebanon County)

to piggy back off what Chambered round said, I'd also add a section:

Where as the authors and sponsors hav violated their oath to support and defend the constitution of the commonwealth and the United States of America.

or words to that effect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast