Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Bullseye Ammo

(Lehigh County)

Default Bullseye Ammo

What's everybody using for .22lr? I'm shooting 20+ y.o. remingtons from my grandparents as it shoots the best through the gun they gave me (High Standard Supermatic Trophy)

Eventually that supply is going to run out and I know i'll have to switch.

I just want to get a feel as to what you guys are shooting out there so I have an idea as to what to test.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Bullseye Ammo

With 22's it's easier to just try as many as you can. The typical response is to try each mfg. and see what the gun likes. But with 22's it's easy to get carried away. I've tried them all, and in different guns like different ammo. I've even tried diff. types of match ammo, they did no better than some cheap stuff. So, I'd say, just try them.

(York County)

CCI SV is very popular for bullseye pistol. Aguila SV would be another to try.

(Susquehanna County)

First off don't even THINK of using high velocity .22 Long Rifle cartridges in this pistol. Stick strictly with standard velocity ammunition. The gun just wasn't built or designed for high velocity stuff and using it will batter the gun.

I have a circa 1970 High Standard Tournament Military that I've fired well over 150,000 rounds through and it's still going strong. I've used Winchester T22 (at the time it was hiding as military "white box") and found it to be pretty unreliable 2-4 out of every hundred misfired and if you're really shooting Bulleye double alibis really hurt. Federal Gold Medal was good. RWS Target Rifle or Pistol was great but pricey. For the past few years I have been using Aguila Standard Velocity with very good results. Very reliable and relatively inexpensive too.

Have a look at http://www.22ammo.com/ he's located in Georgia and I've been dealing with him for quite a long time. His service is excellent and his prices as good as any you'll find anywhere. I usually buy a case at time.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".