Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Couple of questions from a new PA resident re: Class 3

I am new to the state and would like to make a "can" purchase in the next couple of weeks.
    1. I need to find a class 3 dealer around the Pittsburgh vicinity
    2. Preferably one with demo cans so I can make an educated decision
    3. If I cant find a dealer I like, as a PA resident, can I utilize a Class 3 dealer in a different state for my purchases (e.g. Ohio), or must all Class 3 transactions be done in your home state?
    4. FINALLY- may I make a firearm purchase in Ohio as a PA resident (just a standard long rifle purchase)?
    Thank you very much for your help, and I am sorry for the lengthy list of questions.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Couple of questions from a new PA resident re: Class 3

Quote Originally Posted by PARobert View Post
    Can't help you there unfortunately.

3. If I cant find a dealer I like, as a PA resident, can I utilize a Class 3 dealer in a different state for my purchases (e.g. Ohio), or must all Class 3 transactions be done in your home state?
    4. FINALLY- may I make a firearm purchase in Ohio as a PA resident (just a standard long rifle purchase)?
    All interstate transactions must be done through an FFL with the proper class in your home state.

Out of state firearm purchase must go through in-state FFL.
    Out of state NFA purchase must go through in-state Class 3 FFL.

I'm sure other members will be able to help you with 1 & 2.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Montgomery County)

I am new to the state and would like to make a "can" purchase in the next couple of weeks.
    Thank you very much for your help, and I am sorry for the lengthy list of questions.
    1. there are a couple dealers are around Pittsburgh...hit here for a recommended dealer list:
    http://www.subguns.com/c2c3/c3state.htm#Pennsylvania

2. very few dealers stock any demo cans that you can go and shoot, unless they are the manufacturer, personally, i don't know of a single actual dealer that has any demo cans, unless its a C3 related range that rents.
    it's best to try and find others with the cans you would like to hear, or do some serious research on message boards from the actual user. Can sound is subjective to the user, and what meters quiet may sound really loud to you, or vice versus. Can, ammo and gun combo will affect the results each time.
    Best to make an educated decision from the users of the actual cans if you can.

3. as said, all transactions must go thur a PA dealer, you can purchase from a out of state dealer, but it has to go thru a PA dealer for you to actually get the item

4. also as said, It's generally lawful fo a person to purchase a long arm at a dealer in any state, and bring it back to your state. cross state border purchases from private citizens without involving a dealer is prohibited under federal law.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Allegheny County)

I am located in White Oak, PA not far from Pittsburgh and have several cans you can try. Give me a call and kind of give me an idea of what you are looking for. As Jay said with his link you have several of us in the Pgh. Area. Another is Ray Carmichael and a better guy you won't find he got me started as a SOT2 about 10 years ago.

John

JCD Tactical Law Enforcement Sales
    412 673-1304
    Cell: 412 980-1233

Ray Carmichael - Firearm Supply
    Specialties: Class 2
    304 Murrysville Rd.
    Trafford, PA 15085
    Phone: (412) 372-2191 from 6-9 PM EST Evenings.
    E-mail: rayc20mmREMOVETHISSPAMGARD@comcast.netRay Carmichael - Firearm Supply
    John McCaw
    FFL/SOT2
    JCD Tactical LE Sales
    White Oak, PA 15131-2104
    412 980-1233