Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Abbottstown/Hanover/Gettysburg area, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)

Default Media Add By Concervatives

You may be interested in this if you haven't heard it by now.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/19055.html

Default Re: Media Add By Concervatives

<<<< Chattering Class!!! Great AD!!!

(Adams County)

"They're just sore losers, they need to get over it," says the left....

I'll be hunting this ad down tonight

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Lehigh County)

The Republicans are playing the game wrong.. I mean they're basically putting the future of their party into one single issue.. Regardless if you support them or hate them.. It's just a bad move.

They can't attack their way back into control.. They need to come up with better ideas, and more convincing arguments. They also still have not realized that (if you believe this or not) they've lost any credibility with a majority of people when they claim to be the champion of fiscal responsibility.

They should have come up with a solid logical plan that didn't involve huge tax cuts (which even if you think they work, majority of people hear republican tax cuts and automatically think of Bush's Tax Cuts for the Wealthy... Which are unpopular and has never been convincingly explained.

Something simple as extend the unemployment benefits (makes people stop freaking out a little) until the "we're all going to die" feelings start to fade. And impose oversight on the banking industry.. These are just examples btw..

Honestly, its kinda sad when Democrats are able to control the debate.. They're really REALLY bad at it.. lol

The add is a waste of time.. It preaches to the people who already are solidly in the Republican base. I'm not saying the add isn't true.. It's just bad politics.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    The add is a waste of time.. It preaches to the people who already are solidly in the Republican base. I'm not saying the add isn't true.. It's just bad politics.
    I'm not sure...a trillion dollars is very difficult to comprehend for most people. That's simply an INSANE amount of money, and when people think of the days of Jesus they're thinking about a LONG time ago. Most people can't fathom spending a million dollars a week, let alone a day...and to say "pretend you spend 1 million dollars every day beginning with the day Jesus was born until today"...that's going to be a big "Holy Crap!" moment for a lot of people.

I do agree with most of everything else you said though, but I'm not so sure that people are as sick of the Republicans as has been preached...while McCain certainly got trounced in electoral votes, the popular vote was just a 7% difference following the term of one of the most unpopular presidents since the days of Carter.

Yes, I know the electoral votes are the only ones that 'matter', however popular opinion can't be dismissed either as it still gauges opinion across the board...and yes, I realize McCain still lost that too My point was that for the Republicans to be 'finished' like the media and many democrats are insisting, 7% is not a big enough gulf to come to that conclusion.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    The Republicans are playing the game wrong.. I mean they're basically putting the future of their party into one single issue.. Regardless if you support them or hate them.. It's just a bad move.

They can't attack their way back into control.. They need to come up with better ideas, and more convincing arguments. They also still have not realized that (if you believe this or not) they've lost any credibility with a majority of people when they claim to be the champion of fiscal responsibility.

They should have come up with a solid logical plan that didn't involve huge tax cuts (which even if you think they work, majority of people hear republican tax cuts and automatically think of Bush's Tax Cuts for the Wealthy... Which are unpopular and has never been convincingly explained.

Something simple as extend the unemployment benefits (makes people stop freaking out a little) until the "we're all going to die" feelings start to fade. And impose oversight on the banking industry.. These are just examples btw..

Honestly, its kinda sad when Democrats are able to control the debate.. They're really REALLY bad at it.. lol

Who exactly are you looking to for an explanation of tax cuts?

Ten Myths About the Bush Tax Cuts
    Myth #10: The Bush tax cuts were tilted toward the rich.
    Fact: The rich are now shouldering even more of the income tax burden.

Source: Congressional Budget Office, "Historical Effective Federal Tax Rates: 1979 to 2004," December 2006, at www.cbo.gov/ftpdoc.cfm?index=7718&

In the following link, pay particular attention to the Kennedy tax cuts during the 1960s.
    During the Depression and World War II, the top marginal income tax rate rose steadily, peaking at an incredible 94 percent in 1944 and 1945. The rate remained above 90 percent well into President John F. Kennedy's term. Kennedy's fiscal policy stance made it clear that he believed in pro-growth, supply-side tax measures
    The Laffer Curve: Past, Present, and Future
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Schuylkill County)

Making arguments with graphs and pesky "facts" is not going to do any good. The people you need to convince can't read anyway, and will not take the time to understand cogent thought. It hurts their brains too much and that's why they have crappy jobs or no jobs at all and pay no taxes while they resent smart people like you and demand you pay more taxes to keep them in a lifestyle more like yours. It's only fair that you pay more because you got the lucky breaks and cushy job.
    Democrats have learned what buttons to push to attract the voters they need to stay in power. They get the ignorant vote and the hate vote and the bleeding heart vote. The problem is that when they try to implement programs to please these loser groups the country goes into the toilet and the independents automatically switch parties for the next election. 75% of the public votes with their reptilian spinal cord and not their brain.

(Lehigh County)

First.. God.. No More Tax debates. I can't take the government reports.. They hurt.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    Who exactly are you looking to for an explanation of tax cuts?
    In the following link, pay particular attention to the Kennedy tax cuts during the 1960s.
    The Laffer Curve: Past, Present, and Future
    The chart shows total taxes paid. Not the effective tax rate. There is a very real difference between the two. The number increased because of the insane growth of the uber weathy's bank accounts. They also use the Term "Tax Burden" incorrectly. The total collective amount of taxes paid by a particular group is not tax burden. Tax Burden is how much one pays in tax compared to their total income. If the original number of people that the group includes changes, then you have to rework the calculations in order to get an accurate %. Which no. I'm not doing the math. I don't care. I'm starting to hate math again.. lol

Not to mention, the report you linked too. Doesn't actually contain the tax rates for 2000, 2001, 2002, or 2003..

Here is the actual data.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/f...y-20080107.pdf

Using Heritage Foundation Graphs is the same as me using something from the Huffington Post..

Ahh The Laffer Curve..

I wonder how many people actually have SEEN this..

This chart does not demonstrate lower taxes = more revenue. It shows that taxes that are TOO high = Less Revenue. It shows moderate taxes (not too high, not too low) produce the best results.

The graph shows that taxes that are too LOW also produce reduced revenue. It shows this plainly. Too low is bad, too high is bad.. A compromise is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Making arguments with graphs and pesky "facts" is not going to do any good. The people you need to convince can't read anyway, and will not take the time to understand cogent thought. It hurts their brains too much and that's why they have crappy jobs or no jobs at all and pay no taxes while they resent smart people like you and demand you pay more taxes to keep them in a lifestyle more like yours. It's only fair that you pay more because you got the lucky breaks and cushy job.
    Democrats have learned what buttons to push to attract the voters they need to stay in power. They get the ignorant vote and the hate vote and the bleeding heart vote. The problem is that when they try to implement programs to please these loser groups the country goes into the toilet and the independents automatically switch parties for the next election. 75% of the public votes with their reptilian spinal cord and not their brain.
    I believe the irony in this statement may have altered the Earths Magnetic Field..
    Last edited by Morel42; February 21st, 2009 at 02:45 AM.