Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Not the only Group Shoot yesterday at PMSC

Hey, I been reading and looking at all the photos from yesterday's Group shoot. It looks like ya all had a great time. I heard all the lead being fired yesterday in the rain, I was on the other side of the range with Tony F and the folks from the F.I.R.E. Institute.

Anyways, I just wanted to post a few thoughts from my experience yesterday and I encourage anybody no-matter how much range time you have had either 10yrs. or 10days the $45 spent on the class was well worth it.

"Value" is a word used in my industry all the time. What the F.I.R.E. Institute offers in this basic "One Day Handgun Clinic" is mega value.

Do not let the term Basic fool you, there are many topics covered in
    this class & the amount of time spent on actually practicing newly aquired shooting skills exceeded my expections.

The student / teacher ratio was great. Along with Tony F. he had two other guys from F.I.R.E. and there were seven students.

This allowed time for them to really observe the things we were doing correct & give pointers on things we did wrong.

Other than the freezing Rain the Day was a major success. I felt safe the whole day, not once was there any skechy moments from the instructors or students and we were live firing from 10am until 5pm. We were able shoot each others different types of pistols and feel the difference in trigger pulls b/t Glocks, 1911's, & Double actions such as Berettas.

I can't say enough about the professionalism & knowledge Tony and the F.I.R.E. guys bring to these classes. I will most diffently sign up for a three day advance class soon.

I urge any PFOA member in Western Pa if they get the chance sign up.....you will not be disapointed.

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Not the only Group Shoot yesterday at PMSC

Thanks for the review!
    I couldn't make it to the class this month, but I'm looking forward to taking the class in the future.

Make sure to join us for the next group shoot!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

I've trained in that kind of inclement weather many times and it is brutal. I must say the students were troopers. Not one of them complained once about being cold and wet and they bested the worst Mother Nature could throw at them.

If you can learn and perform as these guys did in that kind of environment, you're already one step ahead of the game with respect to mindset and the ability to "drive on" and take the fight to the bad guys under adverse conditions.

A lethal force encounter may not always occur on a warm, sunny day.

As they say in the Special Forces, "if it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin'".

You guys were truly inspiring.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

I've trained in that kind of inclement weather many times and it is brutal. I must say the students were troopers. Not one of them complained once about being cold and wet and they bested the worst Mother Nature could throw at them.

If you can learn and perform as these guys did in that kind of environment, you're already one step ahead of the game with respect to mindset and the ability to "drive on" and take the fight to the bad guys under adverse conditions.

A lethal force encounter may not always occur on a warm, sunny day.

As they say in the Special Forces, "if it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin'".

You guys were truly inspiring.
    Thanks Tony, we did the best we could down at the PAFOA shoot. But I think your students deserve some credit too.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Allegheny County)

CHAUKA,

I stopped up to see how you guys were faring and was impressed when Tony asked if you guys wanted to keep going and like troopers, everyone went back out to the range to get more instruction.

Shortly after that, I left in my warm cartruck.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Westmoreland County)

Hey 27Hand its good to put a face with a name.

I was the guy you gave a pointer to about placing my hand over the beavertail of my pistol when we 1st started the drawing exercise.

Thanks man.

I tell ya what, It felt good to crank the heat in the truck once we were done.

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHAUKA View Post
    "Value" is a word used in my industry all the time. What the F.I.R.E. Institute offers in this basic "One Day Handgun Clinic" is mega value.
    The typical training class is $300 to $400 over 2 to 3 days. When you factor in ammo, support gear, lodging (if you have to travel), and a day off work (in the case of 3 day classes), it can add up to $600 - $700.

To invest that much into something you have no idea will benefit you, from an organization you have no idea of their background and qualifications, it's no wonder people are apprehensive about enrolling.

When we organized this class a few years ago, it was designed to give people an opportunity to gain an understanding of the benefits of formal training without a significant investment in time and money.

There was allot of pressure to price this course at 1/3 the cost of our 3 day classes (one day vs. three days) which this year would have meant about $115. I resisted because I did not want cost to have an impact on anyone's decision to attend.

So I would have to agree that this class is a great value. I know coming from the class organizer that may not mean much from the consumer's PoV but I just wanted to expand a bit on Chakua's statement.

(Allegheny County)

You guys lucked out too. Didn't I see you all up at the Archery 3-D lunch?
    Thanks for supporting Archery. LOL

I think we had more people in to eat breakfast and lunch than shot the 3-D course.

(Westmoreland County)

Koli01 -
    I think we had more people in to eat breakfast and lunch than shot the 3-D course.
    I am sure the weather had something to do with that.

Thanks for supporting Archery.
    Thank you guys for having hot French Fries & Burgers.

NRA

American Infidel