Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Looking to purchase a suppressor.

Well I'm looking to purchase my first suppressor this summer.
    Few questions for you folks.

1. When should I start the process? (don't plan on making an actual suppressor purchase until july) Could I file all the paper work and get the approval ahead of time, before I purchase the actual suppressor.

2. I'm looking to get the suppressor for the AR chambered in 5.56, but will be shooting .223 ammunition as well. Will there be any problems with this?

3. I have a 9mm handgun I wouldn't mind suppressing as well. Is there some type of system that would allow me to use the same suppressor on both platforms, ie; some form of "connector"?

Thanks for your help guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Looking to purchase a suppressor.

the answer you are looking for is NO. on question 1 you need a serial number to do the paper work which means locating and at the very least reserving a suppressor. question 2 5.56 and .223 are essentially the same thing so there is no problem there. and finally question 3 handgun and rifle suppressors are built differently so if you took a 9mm suppressor and used it on your ar it would not hold up and if you used a 223 suppressor and put it on a 9mm it would blow up due to the bullet hitting the baffles. you cant own two sets of baffles because that is illegal.

(Allegheny County)

As far as #3 ... most handguns (depends on action) require a Nelson Device (I believe that's the name). Basically, it acts like a piston that helps the action reset. So on a pistol you have the Nelson Device connected to the barrel and the suppressor connected to the Nelson Device
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Lancaster County)

You can get to work on setting up a trust in advance, which would be a great way to speed up the process.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Berks County)

I have my AWC for my .45 on order as we speak, my dealer is still waiting for the transfer paperwork to go through witch will take about a month yet before he even gets them, once he gets them I need to fill out my part, get my local police to sign off and then send my part in +$200 check for the stamp in 4-6 months youll hear back from them if your lucky.

(Schuylkill County)

If you wait till July, you won't get it till at least Oct or Nov.

Jeremy