Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Got my XDM....need holster

Got my XDM. Compared to my normal carries this is huge. I usually carry one in the pocket(P3AT), and one in an IWB(S&W Airweight). I know that carrying this can be done. My cousin carries a full sized Glock and I couldn't tell on that skinny guy. The holster inside the case generally crashes on doorways when I walk through them.

My story is: I am a 5'8''-5'9'' guy with a 40 inch waist. What type of holster should I consider? In all fairness there doesn't seem to be too many options. I am not against changing up the way I present myself.

The other thing is that this is probably the one that will put me over the edge into open carry so I am looking for a solution that solves each(CC/OC) problem.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Got my XDM....need holster

I'm in the same boat...
    Here are two that I've been considering based on reviews by others.

The Crossbreed Supertuck seems to be all the rage with the folks over at xdtalk.com. I'm looking at that as well as a K&D Thunderbird or Dakota defender. The Thunderbird will do IWB as well as OWB so it would let us display our XDM's. :-) There seems to be a significant order lead time with the K&D holsters though (14-16 weeks) Zoinks!

If you stumble upon anything else of interest, please let me know.

-Al

Quote Originally Posted by xxthe_beastxx View Post
    Got my XDM. Compared to my normal carries this is huge. I usually carry one in the pocket(P3AT), and one in an IWB(S&W Airweight). I know that carrying this can be done. My cousin carries a full sized Glock and I couldn't tell on that skinny guy. The holster inside the case generally crashes on doorways when I walk through them.

My story is: I am a 5'8''-5'9'' guy with a 40 inch waist. What type of holster should I consider? In all fairness there doesn't seem to be too many options. I am not against changing up the way I present myself.

The other thing is that this is probably the one that will put me over the edge into open carry so I am looking for a solution that solves each(CC/OC) problem.
    I'm about your size and carry in these two holsters.

HBE COM III IWB
    Quote Originally Posted by JDLV4_0
    Sorry for the delays, haven't had much time to play with the camera lately...

Ordered 12-10, billed 1-12, received 1-17.

The reinforcement is rough out and this totally locks the holster in place by providing a rough surface that feels like it fastens itself the waistband of my jeans, it doesn't shift or slide, it just stays put and doesn't budge.

Matching mag carrier.
    UBG Regulator OWB
    Quote Originally Posted by JDLV4_0
    Ordered Dec 4th, billed on Dec 30th, received Jan 8th.

Not bad for having two major holidays in between.

As usual Nate does not disappoint, I'm never sure what my holster is going to look like when I get it as none of the 5 rigs I have look alike, there's always something done a little different and that I like, no cookie cutter holsters here.

Gun to holster fit is great, no need for the wax paper treatment, I could walk out right now and carry it with no worries of my gun sticking. Reholstering is smooth and easy.

I'll definitely be posting a followup review after a week or two of carry. :bier:
    I've been carrying the XDM in my IWB under just a polo for the last week as it warmed up down here pretty good, no real issues.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    I'm about your size and carry in these two holsters.

HBE COM III IWB

UBG Regulator OWB

I've been carrying the XDM in my IWB under just a polo for the last week as it warmed up down here pretty good, no real issues.
    After a few weeks, which one is your recommendation and how much did you pay for each? If you don't mind me asking.

Guys. I use a crossbreed super tuck IWB with my XDm 40, works great!
    Sorry no pictures.

Joel
    www.weaponology.org

(Montgomery County)

I have a Kholster IWB for my SW M&P and it works great. They're on sale now for half the price of a Crossbreed supertuck.

www.kholster.com