Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default When that first shoe really drops and smacks the floor good and loudly ...

... and the ObamApologists, who have been insisting on thinking that they could have their Venti Mocha Valencias at Starbucks, s****** at Bush, and keep their firearms, too, come to the dull realization that the others, seemingly less-enlightened, possibly six-toed, unsophisticated backwoods mouth-breathers were right about something, what will have come to pass so that they, too, finally get religion, as it were, and come on in, in Full Metal Jacket terms, for the "big win," or not?

Will it be outright ammo bans that do the trick? "Arsenal" classification for anyone who has 1,000 rounds or more of centerfire ammo? Ammo seizures? Reclassification of all semiautomatic weapons as "assault weapons"? What will it take?

I'm all for free speech, but I sense that there needs to be some sort of impossibly sharp divide across which the bickering throngs drop, something that makes them either cling all the harder to that which symbolizes our commitment to freedom, or grimly realize that their freedom, and the freedom of others, means nothing next to survival in a post-Republic America.

I'm still willing to discuss some things, up to a point, but I'm getting so that I'm tired of looking around and quietly asking myself if we can continue this simulacrum of solidarity without entering into irreparable rancor as a body of weapons enthusiasts. As it is, I find myself tired of thinking that, more and more, I have less and less in common with people who threw the switch for Obama and continue to defend their choice, occasionally by lambasting me as a distrustful, hair-on-fire cretin, which I am not.

If you chose to support Obama, and we who did not are becoming restless and anxious as we begin to perceive changes in policy and procedure inimical to our way of life, why do we find you attacking us when we pose pressing questions? If we don't make it especially personal towards the supporters, and I do admit that my lead-in to this did lean heavily in that direction, why, then, take umbrage and trash us for expressing sentiments of distrust and concern towards this sea change?

I don't want PAFOA and other similar forums to become unilateral echo chambers, because I detest them, but I hold no great hopes for the longevity of our peaceful discussions here, and elsewhere.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: When that first shoe really drops and smacks the floor good and loudly ...

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    ... and the ObamApologists, who have been insisting on thinking that they could have their Venti Mocha Valencias at Starbucks, s****** at Bush, and keep their firearms, too, come to the dull realization that the others, seemingly less-enlightened, possibly six-toed, unsophisticated backwoods mouth-breathers were right about something, what will have come to pass so that they, too, finally get religion, as it were, and come on in, in Full Metal Jacket terms, for the "big win," or not?

Will it be outright ammo bans that do the trick? "Arsenal" classification for anyone who has 1,000 rounds or more of centerfire ammo? Ammo seizures? Reclassification of all semiautomatic weapons as "assault weapons"? What will it take?

I'm all for free speech, but I sense that there needs to be some sort of impossibly sharp divide across which the bickering throngs drop, something that makes them either cling all the harder to that which symbolizes our commitment to freedom, or grimly realize that their freedom, and the freedom of others, means nothing next to survival in a post-Republic America.

I'm still willing to discuss some things, up to a point, but I'm getting so that I'm tired of looking around and quietly asking myself if we can continue this simulacrum of solidarity without entering into irreparable rancor as a body of weapons enthusiasts. As it is, I find myself tired of thinking that, more and more, I have less and less in common with people who threw the switch for Obama and continue to defend their choice, occasionally by lambasting me as a distrustful, hair-on-fire cretin, which I am not.

If you chose to support Obama, and we who did not are becoming restless and anxious as we begin to perceive changes in policy and procedure inimical to our way of life, why do we find you attacking us when we pose pressing questions? If we don't make it especially personal towards the supporters, and I do admit that my lead-in to this did lean heavily in that direction, why, then, take umbrage and trash us for expressing sentiments of distrust and concern towards this sea change?

I don't want PAFOA and other similar forums to become unilateral echo chambers, because I detest them, but I hold no great hopes for the longevity of our peaceful discussions here, and elsewhere.
    I miss a memo?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: When that first shoe really drops and smacks the floor good and loudly ...

The number of issues that this administration is seeking to act upon without taking the issue to congress is disheartening to say the least.

State Department Floating Ammo Import Ban

Julius Genachowski, the FCC Commissioner newly appointed by Obama is said to be considering re-enacting the fairness doctrine through FCC rules rather than legislation.

and it should be no surprise given this quote from Obama

“To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as its been interpreted and Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that.”
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Somerset County)

King 5.45 I wish I could REP you but can't . That is a very poignent post .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1861 View Post

+1

Apparently, I must "spread the rep" before I can rep King 5.45 again.

King's post says it ALL, wrapped up with a bow.
    So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
    Got him for you 1861
    An OC Activist
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Bucks County)

what am I missing King?

Best I can determine we have maybe just a very few here who actually admitted voting for O. Way less than 1% of the members of this forum I would bet. I simply do not see too much "support" for the current administration here.

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    I miss a memo?
    No, not at all, I took a page from the Dems, and drafted it without consulting you, and then simply forgot to put you on the distro list.

My bad.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    No, not at all, I took a page from the Dems, and drafted it without consulting you, and then simply forgot to put you on the distro list.

My bad.
    rep sent for makin me spit tea onto my key board.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    what am I missing King?

Best I can determine we have maybe just a very few here who actually admitted voting for O. Way less than 1% of the members of this forum I would bet. I simply do not see too much "support" for the current administration here.
    There is a very vocal minority who have not divulged who they voted for, but continue to bash anyone who has a conservative bent to them. I am inclined to think that was who King was referring to. That wouldn't be Morel, Eugene, or CYO IMO, but several others who are just rabbid about attacking anyone on the right (notice I have NOT said Republican since the fucking Rs we have now are far from conservative or to the right).

At least that's what I think he is saying because that is what I am thinking these days too.

I would only add that I am equally tired of those who are Republican first and continue to dismiss discussion with anyone who isn't in lock-step with their views including Libertarian minded people and some of the better "leftists" we have. With the idiocy on both sides I fear we are truely doomed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast