Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: .380 acp/ 9mm

(Cumberland County)

Default .380 acp/ 9mm

This is a dumb question I just got to thinking about. My friend a month or so ago. Was shot in the neck, During some kind of robbery of his brothers house. I was told they didnt know if the handgun that the dude shot him with was a 380 or a 9mm. Since I dont believe they ever found it. But, the bullet is still ATM lodged in his neck, By his spine. He will never walk again. If it was a 9mm wouldnt the bulleted have traveled father in an possibley out the other side? I know I own a 9mm an it got a little more power then a 380 does.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: .380 acp/ 9mm

There are too many factors.. 9mm or 380acp, either could have gone through, either could have lodged.. There have been 25acp's that bounced off of heads, and others that have gone straight through.

It's really not worth contemplating and on a technical aspect, the 380acp(9x17mm/9mm Short/9mm Kurz) and 9mm(9mm Luger/9mm Parabellum) are both "9mm" shooting the same diameter bullet - .355". Just differing weights, profiles and ogives.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, I just got to thinking about it upon his hospital release today. Personally i think it was a 380. If it was a 9mm I think it wouldnt of just stoped at his beside his spine in his neck. I think it would have killed him. Thankfull it didnt though. But, they wernt able to find a casing. An the bullet cant be removed for further investigation. So, its like a rock and a hard place. Id just like to see that gun found an traced back to the shooter so he never gets out of jail. He admited doing it. But, never said where the gun was or what kind. Not that they released anyhow...

But thanks for your opinion

(Lehigh County)

well, one thing going for him is the soon to be lifted ban on stem-cell research, so it is highly possible he will walk again.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    well, one thing going for him is the soon to be lifted ban on stem-cell research, so it is highly possible he will walk again.
    I hope so bro... They said its possible the bullet will work its way out. But, he shouldnt count on it. They are afraid to remove it. He is a good friend. That whole Situation is what made me get my first handgun, an go shooting alot. Because this happend about 2 mins. Down the road from where I was staying at. He didnt even do nuthing to the person. All because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I want to feel safe. An know I can defend myself if that would happen to me.

He didnt own a gun, but he could of had the time to take out the threat if he had. I bet he will go get one now...